Saturday, March 2, 2013

7 months

Well, she's OVER half a year old. We're heading towards one MUCH faster than I like!

Tessa, at 7 months, you are:

*at 19 lbs!! Whooee little girl! You're so cute and chunky and round. I LOVE it!

*you're probably about 26 or 27 inches long (not 100% sure because your doctor didn't say it and I forgot to ask)

*in size 3 diapers

*in size 6-9 month, 9 month and a random few 12 month. I'm finding a lot of stuff is short on you, so we have to go up to the next size

*in size 2 shoe. Not that you keep them on your feet.......EVER

*CONSTANTLY ripping your socks off. You will not keep socks on to save your life. It's rediculous. I put them on you right before we leave the house and by the time we're to the car, they're off. So we resort to tights

*sitting in the high chair and you're MUCH happier :) We have started putting you in there more while we eat and it's like you really enjoy being a part of things!

*still rocking back and forth on all fours. You haven't started crawling yet but I feel like you could at any moment.

*able to get where you want to go even though you can't crawl. You get on all fours and scoot yourself backwards or you get on your tummy and pivot in the direction you need to go. We've also seen you scoot on your hiney to get places.

*have started opening your mouth to give kisses. I'll say, "Give mommy a kiss!" and you open your mouth wide and throw yourself at my face. Too cute!

*ALWAYS have something in your mouth. I think you're getting more teeth because you're drooling like crazy again, too.

*sat up on your own!! We didn't get to see it, but daddy said he looked at you once and you were on your tummy and when he glanced back up, you were sitting up and had a VERY big smile on your face! Nobody else was in the room, so you had to have done it by yourself!

*have waved bye-bye a few times. When aunt Brooke and cousin Whitney were leaving, you started flopping your little hand around and have done it a few other times.

*not shy about letting us know how you feel. You have thrown a few insane fits. It's kind of funny because you ball your little fists up, hold them in the air, bare down and scream to let us know how mad you are :)
"Excuse me?!?"

"Did you just try to tell me no?!"

..aaaaaaaaand, this is the angry stance.

*hating when we get you dressed. You get so mad! You would much rather be naked and really hate when I put tights on you, but as mentioned above........it's the only way to keep your feet warm!

*trying to pull up on stuff. I don't think you got the message that you're supposed to crawl and strengthen your legs before you start standing up. But one day I put you in your brother's bed to nap and came in to find this..........


*now familiar with snow!! We just got about 12-16 inches. You had no idea what was going on, of course, but we went out a few times and you had fun looking around!
*sleeping in your crib like a big girl!! It's not gone as smoothly as I would have liked due to the fact that you and your brother take turns waking eachother up, but you seem to like the extra space and you sleep really well except for him making too much noise!!

I swear, you are changing by the minute. One second you look like my sweet little newborn and the next, you are well on your way to being a little girl. I want time to slow down, but I enjoy watching you grow so much. 95% of the time, you're a sweet, smiley baby girl. The other 5%....well, we'll just say you show your sassy side! I think you're going to be the perfect blend of sweet and spice. You and your brother are going to keep us busy!! I'm pretty sure you two already conspire against me...


We love you Tessa Grace!!

No comments: