Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bye-bye curls!!

So, Tommy's hair grows much faster than his mommy's. I mean, granted, he came out with a full head of hair and since birth, it has proceeded to grow out of control! The top of it was getting long and curly, often time making him resemble Conan O'Brian or Donald Trump. The back of it was getting long and forming the shape of a rat tail and hanging over his collar. No lie. Which constantly reminded me of this kid from 1st grade named Randen (I'll leave out his last name in case anybody actually still knows him) who always had a rat tail and for some reason thought it was the coolest thing ever!





See the curls? Yuck. I have always thought boys should be clean cut with short hair. Which leaves no doubt in my mind Tommy will be a teenager who decides he wants long hair in dreadlocks or something along those lines.

Anyways, I had been dreading getting it cut for the shear fact that I wasn't sure he would hold still. He gets very squirmy when there's something going on and constantly wants to keep his eyes on the people around him. But yesterday, I couldn't stand it anymore! I wanted that mop top GONE!! So we went to Super Cuts in Andover (after being rudely informed at Snip N' Clip that she had a 30 minute wait and closed at 7pm--which was irrelavent because it was only 6pm which left an hour for her to get through her 30 minute wait and cut Tommy's hair, but WHATEV!!!). She said he would cut his hair as long as he could sit in a booster seat by himself. I told her I wasn't sure how he would act, but I would try it. And this is his 1st hair cut in pictures!!!
 Checking out the hairdresser

Looking at Mommy to make sure this is okay!

Checking out his studly self in the mirror

"Mom?!? What the heck is goin' on here??"

"Make sure you get the sides even. I don't wanna be lookin' a fool."

Super Cuts is Super!!!


Overall, he did SO great!! Much better than I thought he would. He sat really still and didn't have any problems until she had me hold his head so she could cut the back. He wasn't too thrilled about that. He had a rice puff in one hand and when I held his head, he let out a little scream and clenched his fist and totally pulverized the rice puff :) Hilarious to watch! I was SO happy to finally get it done!! He looks like a little boy instead of a baby!


OMG, this kid melts my heart!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! My rat tail WAS cool! You keep growing it kid. :)