Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

He did it!!!

He did it, he did it, he DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! He slept through the night!!!! I'm so excited I could just do a little jig right now (but I won't because it would look rediculous). I feel like we have accomplished some HUGE feat.....climbed Mount Everest, gone to war and defeated my enemy. Okay, that's a little drastic, but it really does feel good that we tried solving a problem and it actually worked.

He went to sleep around 10:15pm (due to my crazy schedule yesterday, he had a prime opportunity to take a little cat nap in the car at 8:15pm, so it took him awhile to get tired again). I tucked him in tight, made sure a paci was in his crib and crossed my fingers. I slept soundly until about 3:00am when I heard him rustling around a bit through the monitor and then heard him cough. I held my breath and just waited to hear the first cry. And I waited.............and waited..........and waited. And it never came!!!!!

He slept so good and didn't wake up until 8:15am!!! So not only did I get to sleep all night without getting out of bed, but I got to take a shower and get partially ready without a baby clinging to my leg :) It was a good night! Here's to hoping it continues and this isn't some fluke chance!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tommy! I'm pretty jealous...

Stacia (I'm posting as anonymous bc for some reason when I try to post on blogs lately it says I'm not authorized to view the page. Totally gay.)