Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NEVER AGAIN!!

Okay, so I was REALLY excited to go register for baby stuff. We picked a Saturday a few weeks ago when Nick FINALLY didn't have to work and we got all pumped up for the "fun" ahead. We were going to do Babies R Us AND Target, but our plans changed later. So anyways, we got to Babies R Us and went in to do the 20 minute orientation on pointing a scanner and pulling a trigger button (necessary? Definitely not!). Then we got started on registering. Holy baby stuff!! The first aisle was fun, even the second aisle was kind of fun but by the 3rd aisle.........I was SO over it. There is SO much stuff!! Unless you've raised a baby, how the heck are you supposed to know what all you need??? It was just so overwhelming. I was also really hot and REALLY hungry (not a good combination even when I'm NOT pregnant--haha), so I was making things worse than they needed to be. My dear, sweet husband was doing his best to make things fun by just randomly pointing at things and pulling the trigger. He was doing under-the-leg shooting, over-the-shoulder shooting and, well.....if you've ever met a boy, I'm sure you can imagine all the fun we were having :) I REALLY appreciated his effort but it was NOT helping me (although I definitely know I had a bad attitude and it was my own fault). So if you are coming to one of my showers and happen to look at the registry, please keep in mind that our child does not actually NEED 15 teethers and 30 different Denver Broncos outfits. Most of those were only registered for in order to demonstrate Chuck Norris moves with a laser gun. However, I guess there is no harm if Tommy has a teether for every day of the week. So after we got through the THOUSANDS of baby products at Babies R Us, Target was SO out of the question. That would be done at a later date. I was just glad to have the registering at the baby superstore DONE!! However..........yesterday, I get an e-mail letting me know in a very ANNOYINGLY chipper way that "unfotunately, some of the products I registered for were being discontinued and they recommended for my best interest that I find a product to replace it." SERIOUSLY?!?! Wasn't a huge deal until I started looking at the unfortunately discontinued items and it was for 3 of the biggest things that we had spent FOREVER picking out!! They discontinued the stroller, pack n play and baby gate that we wanted. Whatever. Have I mentioned I am SO over it?! :) But no harm done. I found replacements and hoping they don't get discontinued too!

No comments: