Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Sooooooooo TIRED!!!

Blaaaahhhhh.........I am SO tired!! Who knew a baby the size of a lentil bean could drain every single ounce of energy that you've ever had?!? I certainly wasn't expecting this. I mean, I know pregnant women always say they're tired, but I am TIRED!! :) And I don't know who the idiot was that ever came up with the term "morning sickness." It must have been a man who's never been pregnant, because I am having all day sickness! Never actually thrown up, but I am on a never ending train ride to nausea-ville. One of my besties, Kendra, had a few pregger friends who said real fruit popsicles helped the nausea and I must say, so far it's helped. The strawberry popsicles.......YUM!! I'm trying not to eat anything and everything just because it sounds good. I don't want to gain 50 pounds and then not be able to lose it. That would be horrible. So I'm doing my best to have self constraint........so far, it's not working real well. I get REALLY hungry, then I eat, then I'm nauseous, so I don't eat for a long time..........then I get REALLY hungry, then I eat........are you seeing a pattern here?

 Nick is so cute! I already love him as a father. He's concerned that our first OB appointment isn't until 6/21/10 because he's worried that if we don't like her, that won't be enough time to find another one :) I explained that would still leave us 7 months and that it truly doesn't matter if we like her as long as she's good at what she does.....but he's ready to get that first appointment out of the way! I am too. I want to know as much as I can about this little baby growing inside of me. I'm googling things like crazy. As someone who works in the medical field, I always hate it when parents would come to appoinments and say things like, "Well, I looked it up on the internet and I'm pretty sure my kid has a brain tumor." Blah, blah, blah. But now, I'M ONE OF THEM!!!!!!! Not the brain tumor part, but the internet part. It's just so hard to wait on getting information about this little tiny thing that has already changed our world so drastically!

 In other parts of life, we're counting down the days until we go to Table Rock. Nick has found it's only 20 working days until we leave and he is SOOO excited. Me, I can live without the camping for 4 days, especially with the way I've been frequenting the rest room lately :) But it'll be nice just to get away from home for awhile. That's the first week of July. Then the first week of August, I get to take all of the youth kids to SUPER SUMMER! I am so excited for this because it makes me feel like a teenager (although I definitely do NOT have their energy)!! But it's so fun and nice to see them worshiping God and fellow-shipping together. They've all decided that it would be hilarious to start talking only to my stomach and to call my unborn child Darnell. Why Darnell, I don't know, but they think it's the funniest thing ever! And I gotta admit, it's kinda funny :) I love those kids! Well that's all for now. I'm SURE I'll be sharing all of my pregnancy woes and joys soon.

No comments: