Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's official!!!!!!! We're expecting!!

Well, after morning sickness, EXTREME tiredness and four pregnancy tests, we have confirmed that I'm pregnant!!!! We're SO excited and I feel so blessed to be able to have a LIFE growing inside of me!! I found out late last Saturday night (more like early Sunday morning!)--May 23 at about 1:00am. Nick wasn't home yet because he had gone to a BBQ and to shoot pool with some friends, so I was home alone. I had a feeling I was pregnant, but didn't want to get too excited about it and then be disappointed later on, so I decided to go buy a pregnancy test so at least if it came back negative, I wouldn't have to wonder about it. So I went to Dillon's and even though I gave myself the whole "If you're not pregnant, it's okay because God does everything in his timing" speech, I was SOOO excited to find out!! And as most of you know, I'm the kind of girl that when I get something in my head, I want to do it and I want to do it NOW!! So I pull into Dillons and go in the store and spend about 20 minutes looking for pregnancy tests. That had me agrivated because I looked in the family planning aisle about 10 times and finally gave up to go find one of the two employees working that late at night. She helped me find them (in the family planning aisle!) and to my surprise, they were locked up!! Who does that? So I had to be escorted to the front to purchase my pregnancy test, then I had to wait while they took it out of it's plastic protective box and THEN I finally got to go home and take the test!! As soon as I took it, two lines showed up. I was pretty sure that meant pregnant, but I checked the box about 10 times to make sure.......and then I started crying!! And praising God.......and crying and praising God.....and crying. Did I mention I cried?? Then I was in shock for about 20 minutes and kept thinking.....Holy cow!! There's a human being inside of me!! Then I thought, "I'm home alone!! Who can I tell about this??" So I called Nick about 3 times and kept asking him when he'd be home. He was confused because I'm not normally that girl that stalks her husband whenever he's not with her, but I was DYING to tell him the news. So he finally said he was on his way home. As soon as he walked in the door I ran upstairs and just held the stick out. He looked at it for a minute, then looked at me, then looked at it again and said, "What does 2 lines mean?" I said, "PREGNANT!!!!" He was in shock too!! But we're SOO excited. We told both of our families the next day. I still just feel so blessed that God has chosen me to be a parent! What a gift!! We're praying for a safe and healthy baby. It's hard because I work at a pediatric neurologist and we see all of the things that can go wrong during and after birth and it's scary! But I know my child is already in God's hands and will come out perfectly made and knitted together by the Lord. I'll keep everyone updated as I go through this pregnancy!!

1 comment:

thehobbs said...

How exciting! I know exactly how you feel knowing all the things that can go wrong. But, just remember that however your child turns out will be perfect. Even if they end up needing Dr. Shah to get through life. I can't wait to meet your new little person!!