Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Lazy Days

Well today has been a lazy day so far. For me, not for Nick :) Nick got up at 5:00am to go hunting........he unfortunately didn't get a deer this morning, but is going to try again tomorrow. Hey, at least nobody can ever say he's not persistent!! He's got 10 more days of the extended season, so hopefully he'll get something by then. If you're reading this, toss up a prayer that he gets one and doesn't get discouraged!! I, on the other hand, woke up around 10:00 and played Mario Brothers--which I now am totally addicted to--for an hour, then got ready and went to lunch with an old friend that I hadn't seen in FOREVER!! It felt really good to catch up with her and hopefully we can keep talking! We were talking about as the older you get, the harder it is to keep in touch with people.......or more like the less effort we put into keeping in touch with people. Granted, life gets much busier with a full time job and spouses and children, but I'm going to try to do better about getting together with friends and people I love. Between playing Mario Brothers and seeing my high school friend, I feel almost like a teenager today!! Oh to be 16 again and for my biggest worry to be what I'm going to wear to school on Monday. But then, my life has been EXTREMELY blessed in the past 9 years, so maybe I don't want to be 16 again. It's just so weird to think that my next "BIG" birthday will be 30.....SCAAAAARRRYYY!!!!! Man, that just sounds so old and on the inside I feel like I should still be at least a decade away from 30. But oh well......tis the cycle of life. I've been helping with the youth group and we have a lock in tomorrow. PRAY FOR ME!! They have so much energy I almost can't keep up. And man, they can stay awake SOOO late. Not that I don't remember doing that, but I certainly can't do it anymore :) We're going ice skating and then doing a gift exchange. Oh, we're also practicing for youth Sunday, so anyone who wants to come to that, it's the last Sunday in January and it's going to be AWESOME!! I'm really proud of them. We're doing a drama that's going to rock your socks off!! Hope to see you all there.

No comments: