Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it Friday yet??

Well today at work, we started learning our new EMR system (Electronic Medical Records). Let me tell you what it's like to cram 1 month's worth the education into 8 hours.......it's HORRIBLE!!!!!! I certainly remember why I hated school so much. I can't stand just sitting in one spot for an entire day (unless it's in bed and my husband is close by and I can watch TV and play the Wii--then it's okay!). It's going to make things easier in the future, but right now my job has just gotten about 10 times more complicated. Hopefully the transition from paper charts to electronic charts will be easier than anticipated. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! On the other hand, we did get free lunch from Jason's Deli. I had the marinated chicken salad and it was DELICIOUS. Trying to eat healthier. Not going on any big crash diet, but I figure if I make a couple of small changes, they'll add up eventually. But we'll see how that goes! Nothing else new really going on. Brooke has FULLY recovered from her wisdom teeth being removed. Poor girl....had the chipmunk cheeks for a week :) But they are finally going down and she's looking as gorgeous as ever. It was my mom's birthday on Sunday and all of the girls in the family (minus Cara, due to her having just popped out a child) got together for brunch at Granite City. Now let me tell you, the food was excellent, but the company was even better. We had a good time just visiting and enjoying eachother. We hardly ever get to do that and it was nice to be able to catch up with everyone. All of the aunts were telling stories on eachother and it was fun to hear some of the things they did when they were younger. Those Davis girls were quite the wild ones!! I'm gonna have to spice up my life so I have some exciting stories for my future children and neices........any ideas? :)

No comments: