Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Nassau, Bahamas: Day 7 and 8

On our last two days in the Bahamas.....we were ready to be home. Not to sound ungrateful at all (because we were clearly still having a fine time and enjoying ourselves!), but we were SO ready to see our kids and get back to our normal daily life!

On day 7 (Thursday), Nick had conference most of the day again. I spent most of the morning blogging and looking through pictures and watching TV. Sounds like a lame way to spend the day when you're in the Bahamas, but I was SO sunburned that I didn't really want to sit outside (and COULDN'T sit outside without feeling like I was on fire!). Nick had a short lunch break, so we got to hang out for a bit and eat some lunch together. The rest of the afternoon, I walked around the resort a bit and then read and napped. It was kind of amazing.

The only picture I have from day 7 is this.......
 In all fairness, it was THE BEST cheesecake I've ever had. So it warrented a picture :)

Day 8 (Friday) was our final day.  Nick had conference in the morning until around noon. I spent the morning going through our room and packing everything up. I always get SO paranoid we're leaving something behind, but I think I managed to get it all! I spent some time out on the balcony soaking up the last of the ocean air and the cool breeze. Once his conference was done, he came back to the room and we decided to recreate this picture from our honeymoon....

10 years ago.....

And now....a little older, a little (tiny bit) wiser and more in love than ever!

 While we were excited to get home, we were also a little sad that our time in paradise was coming to an end, just like we were sad to leave Mexico on our honeymoon. Hence the pouty faces in the pictures.

After we got our room all packed up, we took our luggage with us and grabbed a quick bite to eat. They served grilled hamburgers every day, so we just ate that. I didn't want to eat too much because I get SO nervous when I get on a plane. I hate sitting by strangers, so I was super paranoid the whole time that I wouldn't get to sit by Nick and that it would be awkward.

After lunch, we took a shuttle to the airport and made our way through customs. It was a loooooong line, but a fairly simple process. We boarded the plane and what do you know.....I sat by a stranger. For the next four hours. But at least it was a comfortable plane and we were able to watch movies, so that was good! And I had a window seat and got to see the best views...
 We flew into Chicago and had to almost run to our connecting flight. Poor Nick. He was walking SO fast and since his legs are so long, of course he was pretty far ahead of me. I was doing the best I could, but my short stumpy legs just couldn't keep up with his! We FINALLY both made it to our gate just in time to board a plane home! It was a super tiny plane that I was SUPER nervous to get on, but it managed to get us home just fine. And I had the best view of the whole trip once I got to the airport!

I've never been so happy to see these sweet faces. We missed them SO much! Tessa just kept hugging me and staring at me and saying, "Mommy! I'm SO glad you're home!"

Overall, it was such a wonderful, relaxing, restoring, peaceful trip. It was just what Nick and I needed to regroup. We were so glad we got to go and felt so blessed to have family that we knew would could trust taking care of our kiddos at home. That really made it easy for  us to fully relax and not worry about their well-being too much! 

Hopefully it's not another 10 years before we go on vacation together!

No comments: