Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Nassau, Bahamas: Day 3 and 4

Sunday, we got up around 9am and ate breakfast at the market place again. After breakfast, we decided to go to Atlantis to see the aquarium! We decided to take a taxi and even though it was more expensive that a Jitney, it was nice to just hop in and get taken exactly where we needed to go without any bus transfers or cramming in with a bunch of people!


Now here's my thoughts on Atlantis....kinda hated it. I LOVED the aquarium. It was super cool....but I could've lived my whole life without setting foot in the actual resort. It was SO big and there weren't very many signs telling us where to go or how to get there. There were people EVERYWHERE. LOTS of people. It was okay to visit, but I could not imagine staying there. You had to walk forever to get to anything and it just wasn't very peaceful. I think the kids would have loved it, so I guess maybe if we had the kids with us, I would consider it. But definitely not anyplace I would want to stay for a relaxing peaceful anniversary vacation.


But onto the aquarium! It really was beautiful and fun to walk through! We saw some crazy, interesting sea creatures!





 We got to touch star fish and sea cucumbers. They were SO gross. Amazing--but gross! The star fish had a ton of little suction cups on the bottom of it. It was so cool!

And we found Nemo!


 After we left the aquarium, we had lunch back at our resort and spent more time on the beach. I wore my hat that Nick said was super extra. But I liked it! It was too windy to keep on very long, but it was cute!
 
He was my cabana boy all day and got us both drinks. I could get used to this!

We had reservations that night at Cilantro (the Mexican restaurant at our resort). It was pretty good--decent guacamole and queso! The options were kind of limited, but it was tasty!

After dinner, it was family karaoke night, so we headed to the lobby to watch that for a few hours. It was very entertaining! Nick ALMOST talked me into singing with him. But I couldn't do it! After karaoke night was over, we headed to bed.

The next day (Monday), we had breakfast at the market place (again). We hung out on the beach until noonish. Then we had lunch at the beach bar--they were grilling hamburgers and hotdogs. They were so good!

After lunch, we took a walk down the beach to a pier at the neighboring resort. It gave us a beautiful view of the ocean!


We eventually headed back inside and played the world's biggest game of connect 4. I beat Nick about 18 times before we finally quit playing and went upstairs to get ready for our dinner reservations.



We ate at Aqua that night. It was an Italian restaurant that had decent food and felt very fancy.


We had a fun night!

No comments: