Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My sweet new niece

So in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we got the sweetest little blessing added to our family! I wish I would have blogged while it was all still VERY fresh in my mind, but.....well.......life get's in the way.

My brother and sister-in-law were expecting their daughter very close the Thanksgiving. I believe the actual due date was December 1st. I'm just gonna be honest here and say that I was SO praying she'd have her while we were all off work for Thanksgiving break. I would've gone to work dead tired if I had to, of course, but I knew there was no way I was going to miss being at the hospital during my niece's birth. So I prayed and prayed that she would be born shortly after Thanksgiving. I even cooked up a little plan--I made my sister-in-laws favorite spicy snack and took them to her for our Thanksgiving dinner. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Yum.

As she ate her first pepper, I MAY have been staring her down (sorry JJ) to see if she would immediately go into labor. Didn't happen. We went through the rest of the meal with nary a contraction. Bummer! But at least she enjoyed the peppers :) Shortly after dinner, she was resting on the couch and I heard her say, "Ooooo." You better believe my head whipped around and I was all, "Did your water break?!?" Nope. But she was feeling some pain, so that gave me hope (sorry again, JJ).

I went to bed that night knowing my niece wouldn't be there that day. We got up the next day and hung around the house. My mom had asked if she could have the kids, so my cousin and I were going to go shopping. BUT.........WAIT FOR IT............

JJ went into labor!! Woot-woot! So after a few over-the-phone conversations with my mom (who was sliiiiiiightly crazy about being adamant she would NOT miss the birth of her granddaughter and yet insisted on still trying to baby-sit my kids despite my refusal to allow her to do so), it was decided that mom would get my other two nieces so she could watch them while my brother and sister-in-law waited out some of the contractions at home and my cousin and I would take my kids with us for our shopping excursion.

After a few hours at Kohl's (only to find out our Kohl's cash wasn't valid until three days later), my cousin and I were ready to pull our hair out and my kids were exhausted. We went home, Nick and I got the kids tucked into bed and I waited.......and waited.......and waited. For what felt like forever, but was really less than 20 minutes. I finally got the call that they were heading to the hospital. My mom and sister were going up there, so I decided to go ahead and go, too. My mom brought my other two nieces up the hospital so they could be there when their baby sister was born. They were SO excited!!

We got to the hospital around 9:30pm. We hung out in JJ's hospital room for a few hours until JJ and Brandon were ready to try and get some sleep. Alex was being so sweet to her mommy and was so worried about her! It almost killed her to leave her mom when she knew she was hurting, but we went out to the waiting room where we were just SURE my nieces would fall asleep quickly.

Uh, no. That did not happen. Those girlies stayed up until 3am!! They were so tired, but so excited. After they dosed off, we all took turns snoozing, too. Brandon and JJ's twin sister came out to give us updates every few hours. And then finally, it was time to start pushing. We were all fully expecting to wait in the waiting room until she was born. But I was SO stoked when JJ's sister came out and said that we could be in the room while Brylie was born.

I had been secretly hoping she would let us, but that's not exactly the kind of thing you ask from a person ;) But when it's offered?!? I jumped on it! I've never gotten to see a birth (even my children's!) so I was ecstatic to be there when Miss Brylie entered the world. My nieces were sleeping in the little private waiting room attached to each hospital room and my mom kind of hung back behind the curtain and peeked every few minutes, but Brooke and I were right in the action!

And it. was. AMAZING. There is nothing.......NOTHING.....that could ever be more miraculous than birth. It was truly awesome and my sister-in-law was a total rock star! After about 15 minutes and 3 or 4 pushes, Brylie was born and JJ was smiling almost the whole time. I told her later that if every birth was like that, I would have had 3 or 4 more children! She was amazing!

The rock-star and her newest daughter.......


Sweet family!


She was NOT happy to be taken from her momma! 

Her daddy holding her for the first time!


 Her big sisters FINALLY got to hold her!!


Ooooo, I'm in LOVE with this little girl!! She is just the sweetest!


Her Aunt Brookie loves her ALMOST as much as I do!


After we all took turns holding Brylie, we headed home for some rest and to let them get some sleep too. The kids were just dying to meet her, but I told them we'd have to wait until the next day. When it was time to head to the hospital, they were so excited!! They each took a turn holding her and they're smitten already!


Uncle Nick took a turn holding her, too.  He hasn't lost the touch ;)

We couldn't be happier with this new, sweet addition to our family! We love you sooooooo much Brylie!!

No comments: