Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Swimeen!!

I had it all planned and on the hottest day of the week. I wanted to take the kids swimming (or swimmeen, as Tommy calls it). I was so excited to get Tessa in the water and see if she's as fearless in the pool as she is on land.

It started off well..............

Nick had to work Saturday morning, but he got off around noon and we'd been planning all week to head to the pool when he got off. I took a  looooot smidge bit longer getting home from my mom's house and garage saling than planned, so I didn't get home until around 3pm. We hurried to get the car all packed up and the kids changed into their suits.
Tessa was all dressed up in her bikini (she wasn't sleeping here, just blinking!)
Tommy was so excited to go swimmeen!!

About 2 minutes into the drive, we ran into this............
 Yeah. That's the perfect swimming weather right there. But it was still really hot and there was no thunder and lightening, so we decided to keep driving to the pool in hopes the weather would pass us by.
One more minute later, I turned around to ask Tommy a question and..............


Needless to say, we turned around and went home. Oh well. There's always tomorrow......

No comments: