Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Eve 2015

On New Year's Eve 2015, we had a RAGING party at our house. Consisting of wine coolers, my sister and my brother in law and my cousin. Let me tell you, it. was. EPIC.

We prefer to stay in because we want to avoid any drunk drivers and....well, we're old. So we invited our family over and my mom watched the kids in the basement while we stayed upstairs and ate and played games. We usually play Taboo or Uno or something along those lines, but the guys really don't enjoy word games or card games (or anything that requires too much thinking). So this year, we mixed it up and played pictionary and Jenga! And I learned something about my marriage........

Nick and I can NOT play pictionary together and expect our marriage to survive. Just not possible. We are both competitive and get super frustrated with each other WAAAAAAAY too easily. A little dumb, yes. But it made for a tense game of pictionary. Now Jenga is every man for himself. And the guys rocked it. We had some serious Jenga towers going.

At midnight, we kissed each other and our kids, played games for a few more hours and then called it a night.

It was such a great night with such great people!

No comments: