Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pumpkin patch with Tommy 2015

Both of my kiddos are in preschool this year, so I got to go to the pumpkin patch with each of their classes! A little repetitive, but fun to spend one on one time with each of them and watch them interact with their friends.

Last year's pumpkin patch experience was.......okay. Tommy was super shy still and didn't want to talk to anyone in his class or ride any of the rides. We pretty much walked around and did nothing :) But that was okay.

THIS year was a whole other ballgame. He had FUN! Like, talked to other kids, went on the zip line, went down the slide (so did mom!), played on the swing set kind of fun. I was so happy to see him enjoying himself. I've never cared that he's a shy child as long as he doesn't let his shyness/fear keep him from doing things he thinks would be fun but is too scared to try. And last year, I felt like that's what he was doing--WANTING to join in, but being too afraid to do it. So my mama-heart was so happy that he was relaxing and being a four year old!

When we first got there, the whole class rode the hay rack ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.

Waiting patiently for the tractor to come pick them up...

 He was SO excited to be on a "REAL TRACTOR!!" He wanted to sit right behind the tractor. He thought it was magical. I thought it was fumey. But how could I say no to that face?!?
 Once we got to the actual pumpkin patch, Tommy was a man on a mission. He walked directly to a certain pumpkin, picked it up and said, "This is it, mom!" And that was it. Then he helped me pick out mine.

 It was SUPER sunny out, so this is the best we got :)

We went back to the tractor and put our pumpkins down and then played on the swing set for awhile until everyone was done in the patch.
 I just kept thinking how much he's grown since last year! He would NOT leave my side to play on the swing set last time we came and this time, he ran over there without a second thought. Preschool has helped my guy grow up so much!

They took a class photo and I have to say, there are the CUTEST kids in that class! They're all so sweet and their voices are so little. They were all super spread out and nobody looked at the same camera the whole time, but dang they're cute!


After we were done getting pumpkins, we did all the other fun stuff.

Played in the corn...

"Rode" a cow (statue).....
 

Fed the sheep and goats....
 

Climbed a ladder swing.....
 

 Ran the "rat race"......
 

Rode the train........ 
Went through the maze house (just LOOKING at this thing made me so claustrophobic)...




 Hung out with the minions......


Rode the zip line........

 Played on tractors and trikes.....
It was such a good time and I'm so glad I'm able to go on field trips with my sweet guy!

No comments: