Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

The 7 year itch

September 6th was our 7th anniversary! We made it SEVEN years. I'm sure to some that seems like a very short time, but I'm so glad I found a man who's been able to tolerate me for seven years (and hopefully, many more).

We had a great anniversary weekend. It was on Labor Day weekend and we had my family over for a BBQ that Saturday. We ate a ton of food and hung out.

Short story--we bought a bunch of chicks earlier in the spring and they've recently gotten really big. One of them was pure white, so Tommy named it Little Dove (his idea, not ours!). Well, Little Dove is not so little anymore. He turned out to be a rooster and was starting to get really mean. One day I was sitting on the porch and Tommy went running by screaming at the top of his lungs. Hot on his trail was Little Dove! He ended up jumping on Tommy and pecking him on the back and Tommy cried like there was no tomorrow. Hilarious to see the chicken chasing Tommy, but sad that he ended up getting hurt. So Nick decided to serve "dove" with our Labor Day BBQ! He came in during the kids' nap time and said, "The problem has been dealt with." I assumed he just let Little Dove run free and was going to not let him back in the coop at night. And then he walked in with this beer can chicken. And I knew. And I gagged.

Most people tried it and said it tasted okay, but the smell alone was killin' me. It smelled very gamey. Yuck. And I couldn't wrap the mind around the fact that we cooked our pet (sort of. Albeit a very MEAN pet). So there's that. 

Anyways, we ate and everyone hung out until late in the night. We just bought some patio furniture, so it was nice to sit outside in the cooler weather and enjoy everyone's company!

This spot on my porch makes me swoon! I'm LOVING having outdoor furniture. I can lay on the daybed and read while the kids are playing. It's a win-win!

My mom took the kids home with her Saturday night after the BBQ, so we got to sleep in Sunday. Nick started a project that ended up taking much longer than he thought early that morning, so I met the kids and my mom at church. After church, the kids came home and we ate lunch and hung out with them for 3-4 hours. Then we took them back to my mom! They stayed the night again with her on Sunday night. It was a nice little mini vacation but without having to be away from the kids TOO long. I start to get antsy if I don't at least lay eyes on them for more than 24 hours :)

We went to see a movie on Sunday (our actual anniversary). We always have the hardest time finding movies we agree on and almost every time we go to a movie, we BOTH end up hating it. We've had better luck lately than in the past, but we're still a little leery every time we try. But we decided on No Escape and we both really liked it! It had a super good plot, but the content is very heavy. So if you want to laugh and have a good time....I'd pick something else. If you want a really thought-provoking movie, No Escape is it!

After the movie we went to Red Rock and ate outside on the patio. It was a little warm, but it was quiet and the food was great! After dinner, we just came home and relaxed and enjoyed each other. We had originally said no gifts, but a few days before our anniversary, my husband let it slip that he had, in fact, gotten me a gift. Which I was excited about, but then went into a mad scramble trying to find HIM something! He completely shocked me and got me this beauty.........

I'd been wanting a right hand ring for awhile, but could never bring myself to spend the money. But my husband did it for me! And who could say no to that?!? He knows me so well :) I felt pretty lame when I gave him his gift of jeans, deer urine for hunting and two body pillow covers.........But in all fairness, he WANTED deer urine and body pillow covers and the jeans I just threw in for an extra little SURPRISE factor! So.......yeah.

Our seventh anniversary was wonderful and I'm excited to do the rest of life with Nick by my side. Love you honey!

No comments: