Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tessa at 3 years old

Tessa Grace, at 3 years old you are:

*30 lbs

*36 1/2 inches

*wearing 2t shorts (and some 3t) and 3t shirts

*in a size 8 1/2-9 shoe

*hilarious. Seriously, you say the funniest things! And not just kid-funny, but truly clever and witty things! You make me laugh every day!

*still a little sassy. You have definitely backed off on the attitude (praise God!), but still have a few moments every now and then that I have to get onto you for back talking or being snotty.

*SO much better at minding. I can tell you to do something and 9 times out of 10, you do it. This is a drastic improvement in the past few months!

*such a helpful little girl. You LOVE trying to carry things for me or get things when I need them. It's so funny because I'll have my purse on my shoulder and you'll say, "I'll carry that for you mom!" You're so persistent that I eventually give it to you and even though it's super heavy, you still carry it! You're constantly saying, "I'll get that for you mom!" or "Here, I'll do it!" Love it.

*saying all your ABCs, counting to 10 or higher, know all your colors and most of your shapes.

*have a bit of a weird lisp. When you say the letter 'j' it sounds like the 'sh' sound. When you say Aunt JJ, it sounds like Aunt Shay Shay. I'm trying to work with you on it and when you really focus, you do it right, but you get really frustrated and don't want to talk about it!

*so caring. Whenever I'm upset or someone else is upset, you'll pat my back and say, "It's okay, mom. You okay." You give the best hugs and the sweetest kisses and really seem to be in tune to when people need cheering up.

*super into coloring and art projects. You looooove to color. Or cut things. Or paint. Pretty much any art.

*very dramatic. It's hilarious because 90% of the time, you're so chill and go-with-the-flow. But when you're upset, you are UPSET. You'll hang your head and flounce around and drop down to your knees and cry. It usually only lasts a minute or so and then you see you aren't getting the attention you were looking for so you hop up and smile and you're ready to go!

*becoming a daddy's girl. You were pretty attached to mama for the first few years of life, but lately you've been choosing to go with dad or do things outside with him. He loves it just as much as you do!

Her birthday  was so much fun!

This was her last night as a TWO YEAR OLD!!

The next morning, we all woke up and just hung out for a bit. Tessa and I took our time getting ready and then headed out for a girls morning!
We went and got donuts from Quik Trip (her fave!). She could pick anything she wanted to drink and she chose this juice........interesting.

I thought for sure she'd pick a juice with a princess head, but nope. We went with a darth vader, star wars creepy.....thing. 

Then we went and got her fingernails done. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. She's had her nails done before, so that part wasn't new to her.....


.....But the way she was walking through the store afterwards.....you could just TELL she felt like a million bucks! She had a sassy little walk and kept holding her hands out to the side so she wouldn't smear her polish. SO cute.
We did a little shopping at Wal-mart and tried on a few things (the only thing she ended up picking out was Hello Kitty band-aids and that made her day).

We got some ice cream on the way home and then picked up the boys. We all went to see the Minions movie together! It was cute and Tommy LOVED it. Tessa........she was a little more distracted and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. But that's okay. The experience was fun and she got to eat popcorn and snuggle with mom and dad.

After the movie, we went home and took naps. We had dinner and watched Despicable Me 2 (the kids had never seen it). It was SO cute! They loved it!

She opened presents all throughout the day. She would open one and then decide to wait to open the rest, so we pretty much opened one present every hour.  She got: a bike helmet, a huge Frozen frisbee, a Frozen shirt and skirt to go with it, 3 pairs of shoes, perfume (or beefume as she likes to call it), Despicable Me 2, a "I'm the birthday girl" shirt and a Frozen book bag on wheels! I was SO excited for her to open the book bag because she'd been asking for one forever. She'd been saving the "big" present for last and I couldn't wait to watch her open it. Then Nick and I started talking about something and when I turned around, she had already opened it, sat it on the ground and walked away. Awesome. Not only did I miss her opening it, but she was not excited in the least! But, that's my Tessa. She's not overly excited about anything except staying up late and chewing gum. True story.

She blew out a candle right before bed and then she feel asleep as a three year old, just like that. I'm so thankful every day for my sweet girl!

No comments: