Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Seeing Santa 2013

Things have been a little quiet on the blog front. My time was too busy taking these kids to do millions of holiday related things!

We went to see Santa pretty early in December. He flew all the way from the North Pole to Towanda, KS!! We told Tommy that and he said (with a lot of disgust in his voice), "Why?! Why did Santa come to Nuh-wanda?!?" Seems my son has already figured out that Towanda is not exactly a place people migrate too. You almost have to have been born and raised there to appreciate the great town it really is!!

 They were so excited to go see him! Tommy kept telling us he was going to tell Santa he wanted a BIG engine! He talked about it the whole way there. When we got there, there wasn't anybody in line. I was so glad! When we went last year, we had to wait for awhile and the kids got restless. But it was a cold, snowy, icy night, so I don't think a lot of people wanted to get out.

As much as Tommy TALKED about Santa........he wanted nothing to do with him. This did not surprise me. My son is SO shy and timid around new situations. He gets that from his momma! But THIS little girl..........
She had nooooooo problem sitting with Santa! I had to hold her hand for a second and then she was hamming it up! That didn't surprise me either :) She's more like her daddy.

The only way I could get Tommy to take a picture with Santa was if I was in it. And I could NOT stop laughing over his face in this picture. He looks like he's miserable. So funny!
We did manage to get a semi decent family picture.......
Overall, it was much better than last year!

No comments: