Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Doesn't take much to make us happy!

So my husband called me today and said the funniest thing that made me realize how truly old we are getting! Remember when having the best day of your life used to consist of getting the last popsicle or using your favorite crayon or getting a phone call from a boy you liked? Well Nick called me today and asked what I was doing. My reply was of course, that I was working. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Having the BEST day EVER!!!!" I asked him why it was the best day ever and he said that he found insulation on sale from $11.50 down to $5.00 a bag and that made him SO happy!! And it made me laugh and think how much our lives have changed. You know you're truly an adult when you get excited about a sale on insulation! So now we get to insulate our rental for half the cost we were expecting, which is a true blessing for us and our renter!

On an even more exciting note (I know, you're thinking, "What on earth could get more exciting than insulation on sale?!?!?!)--my cousins both recently had babies! They're the CUTEST little things. My cousins Darci and Cody had a little girl named Harper Grace Vivian and my cousins Cara and Craig had a little boy named Ty Allen Christopher. It's so fun to have two new babies in the family. But of course the down side to that is everyone is now insisting that it's MY turn to pop one out. Like I can just make it happen by snapping my fingers :) Why is it that when you're dating, everyone's question is, "When are you getting married???" When you get married, "Everyone's question is, "When are you having a baby???" I wish people would just be happy that I got to the married part!!!!! But I know they're just giving us a hard time. 

 I'm excited for upcoming weddings!! My best friend and another life-long friend both recently got engaged. I couldn't be happier for both of them. They're both wonderful and awesome girls who've been waiting for the right man to come along and it finally happened!! So congratulations to Hannah and Carol. Love you girls!

No comments: