Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

To Tommy, on your 7th birthday

Thomas James-


You just turned 7. And my momma-heart is in disbelief that my baby boy has been alive for SEVEN YEARS.

At 7 years old, you....

Wear a size 7 pant and size 7/8 shirt.
Wear a size 2 shoe
Are just a little over 4 feet tall
Weigh around 52 pounds

Your personality has fully developed into a slightly sarcastic sense of humor with a dash of cockiness. You can be so very sweet and kind but oh man, if you get mad....we all better look out.

You make me laugh and cry in the time span of 5 minutes. You’re my little sour patch kid!

You love Jesus and Alvin and the Chipmunks and Cheez-it’s and Nerf guns. You’re all boy and love nothing more than farting on your family or having some kind of sword fight.

There are so many things about you that remind me of myself--your stubbornness, your aversion to vegetables, how you think milk smells too weird to drink, that you get SO grumpy when you're tired but refuse to lay down in fear you'll miss out on something. Luckily, there are also so many things about you that remind me of your dad (he gave you your better traits--ha!). You're determined like he is. You LOVE to be outside--any chance you get, you're riding your bike or playing with the dogs or shooting baskets. You ALWAYS have a ball in your hands and I can't count the number of times I've heard a huge thunk on the roof or wall and finally figured out that it was just you throwing a ball around.

You've finally started to make some more friends. You were SO shy when you first started preschool, but you've really started to come out of your shell and you have a lot of fun with all the boys in  your class and on your basketball team. I've heard some....interesting....stories about things that have happened at recess that make me laugh and cringe. It's going to be so fun watching all of you grow up together!

Tommy, you are just the best little boy.....excuse me, I mean best guy (you don't like to be called a little boy anymore) a mom could ask for. Even when we drive each other nuts, I love you more than life itself. You're such a fun, smart, silly, quirky, sarcastic dude and we truly enjoy our time and conversations with you! Happy 7th birthday buddy!!

No comments: