Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017 and decorating!

We decorated for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving (because that's the only free weekend we had for awhile) and had so much fun. The kids and I did it on an evening when Nick wasn't there (because he's more of a grinch than an elf). We had the best time! Tommy started off the night by writing his Christmas list. So cute.
 In case you can't read that, it says, "Shoes and transformers and a remote control drone. I will think what else I want." HAHAHAHA! I love it.

Tommy was so sweet and whenever something was really heavy for me, he'd say, "Watch out, mom. I'll get it for you." And he could usually lift it better than I could!

 We took a little break after we set up the tree to make funny faces and get dinner done....

 Then it was time to decorate the tree! I tried to put aside my OCD this year and they did a pretty good job of spreading the ornaments out. I was surprised because last year....the tree was a little....clumpy.


After we were done decorating, we turned the lights off, turned the tree on and snuggled up to watch a Christmas movie! It was the perfect night.

Thanksgiving was so wonderful--good food and good family. We decided to do Thanksgiving with my family on Thanksgiving day and dinner with Nick's family the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I actually LOVED doing it that way. It was so nice to have more time with each family and not feel rushed from one event to the next. We got to slow down and enjoy our time together!

I didn't get any pictures at the Wilhelm dinner, but I did get these gems at my mom's house...

This goofy girl loves her olives!

 Tyson Wayde with his great granny...

 After we ate, some of them decided to play a friendly game of football. There were only a few tackles. It was fun to watch!

The rest of us relaxed in the sunshine and dug in the dirt.....

We sure do love these families of ours!

No comments: