Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Fun with my girl

Have I mentioned I love having a daughter? She's so much fun and so sweet. I'm trying to soak in this time while she's little because I remember the way I talked to my mom when I got to be a teenager and....well.....I wasn't very nice. I'm praying Tessa is a sweeter teenager than I was, but in the mean time, I'm enjoying her personality right now!

She's been begging to get her hair cut. Like, she asked us EVERY. WEEK. I kept telling her no because her dad was hesitant (and so was I--I love her long, curly hair). But we talked about it and finally decided she could cut it. So one day after school, I surprised her and took her to the hair salon! She was SO excited!

This was how long her hair was before....

I think she felt like such a big girl getting her hair cut. She's had it trimmed only once before, so she hasn't spent much time in a hair salon!


And this was her hair after.....
That dimple....it kills me.  I really do like it short and it's been fun trying different ways to style it. I think it makes her feel extra sassy! And it really is much easier to brush and looks a lot thicker and healthier. She was so happy to have finally gotten it cut!

A few days after her haircut, we got to spend a Saturday with Grandma going to craft fairs and to lunch! It was so much fun. There was one craft fair in Benton at the church and then a HUUUUUUUGE craft fair in Wichita called Vintage Market Days. There were soooooo maaaaaany booths. We could've spent hours there.

We went to Benton first and then went to lunch at Applebee's where Tessa and Grandma battled it out in tic-tac-toe.


Then we went to Vintage Market Days. They had the cutest little photo area set up, so we had to take advantage of that!

 We were tuckered out by the end of that excursion. There were a lot of people and not a lot of room to walk.

I recently took her to the park for a few pictures because I have been so bad about taking any with my good camera lately. She kept begging to take some pictures by herself, so I set up the tripod and let her have at it. She was SO excited. And some of her pictures weren't half bad! I think she's going to be my little artsy child. She loves to color and draw and craft and apparently, take pictures.

 She also loves to do the splits.....
 This last picture just cracks me up. While Tessa is sweet 95% of her life, when she gets an attitude, you can tell just by looking at her face exactly what she's thinking. She's not one that can hide her emotions. She really had to go potty and I was gathering things in the car. I looked over at her and she was standing at the door staring at me like this.....
LOL--I was DYING! Her little grumpy face, her slouchy, pouty body and those eyes....I had to take a picture. Which just made her more mad! I did eventually get out of the car and unlock the door for her, but she was SO over it.

I'm so glad God blessed me with a little girl! I hope we're BFF. And just because I love her so much, I'm throwing these in too.....






No comments: