Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Halloween 2014

Yes, I'm just now writing about Halloween. Procrastination.......it's what I do. Tomorrow.

Anyways, this year, my kids had both known what they wanted to be for quite awhile. Tommy wanted to dress up as a hockey player and Tessa wanted to be a kitty cat. Luckily, I already had a Thunder hockey jersey, a hockey stick and a hockey helmet we'd gotten at a thrift store a few months before. Cheap is the name of my game when it comes to Halloween! And Tessa, I dressed in all black and one of my friends had a tutu with a tail and some cat ears that they let us borrow. DONE! So simple, so fast, so cheap. Loved it.






















These are the only two pictures I got all night--I brought my good camera, but of course the battery was dead!

We went to my mom's first and had chili. It was delicious and warm, which is good because that night was COOOOOOLD. We met my brother and sister in law there and after eating, went trick-or-treating with their cousins (a witch and a puppy). We only did a couple blocks because it was freezing, but they had a blast and got a TON of candy. I had considered bringing our double stroller for the kids, but thought for sure they'd want to walk and get candy. I was so wrong. JJ brought her double stroller and most of the time, their kiddos walked, so my lazy bum kids hitched a ride in her stroller! I felt so bad because they were being so whiny about walking and being cold, but my brother pushed them around the whole time. Tommy refused to get out at some of the houses because he was enjoying that stroller so much. Those two kill me sometimes (and drive me INSANE)!

After trick-or-treating my mom's neighborhood, we headed over to Nick's parent's house. We met up with his sister and my nieces. They looked so pretty in their dresses! We took all of them to a few more houses and then called it quits because of the temperature. Me and Tommy could have gone all night (because I don't mind the cold and I love the atmosphere of Halloween), but everyone else was ready to get warm again, so we went back. Luckily, it was on a Friday night, so we were able to stay out a little later without worrying about getting to bed.

It was a fun night and I'm already looking forward to the next Halloween (and hoping it's  little warmer!).

No comments: