Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Out of the mouth's of babes...

Tommy's three year old mind has been cracking me up lately! I wanted to write down a few of the things he's said lately so I can look back on this one day and laugh!

*I was taking Tommy to school one day and he wanted out of his car seat. I told him no and he said in his most vindictive voice, "Someday, when I am 18, I will ride my bike to school! I will not ride in your car! Cause big boys can ride their bikes, so I will ride mine to mine school!"--Sounds good to me, buddy! Instead of a car for your 16th birthday, I'll start saving up for a 10 speed!!

*I was tucking him into bed the other night and told him I would love him until the end of forever. We had a long, sweet hug and he said in the cutest little voice, "Mommy, I will love you for FIVE WEEKS!"

*He was playing with his trucks and something happened that would have normally made him mad (I can't remember now what it was), but he just casually laid down on top of his toy box and said, "Eh, I don't care, mommy. Cause I'm a boy. And boys don't care. Maybe if I was a girl, I'd care. But I don't, cause I'm a boy."

*We were driving to his preschool and it was super cloudy so we couldn't see the sun. He asked where it was and I pointed and said, "It's over there, to the east." He said, "Oh! Which way are we going?" I pointed forward and said, "This way is north, that way is south and that way is west." Tommy said, "Ohhhhhh.....okay!.........Sooooo........which way is July?!?"

*I was laying in bed and said, "Man, my tummy hurts, buddy." With all seriousness and sweetness in his eyes, he said, "Is it because you're going to have another baby, mommy?" Uh, no. Heck no.

*Tommy came running into the living room the other day and said, "Mooooo-ooomm! Tessa called me a juice bag!!" I wasn't following why a juice bag was a bad thing, so I told him not to worry about it. He said, "But mooo-oooom! She can't call me that!! Juice bag is not nice!" I was still confused when Tessa walked up to me and said, "Nuh-uh, mommy. I not call him a juice bag, I call him a douche bag!" Uhhhhh....... I have NO idea where she learned that. There's no WAY she heard that from me earlier that morning while I was driving. I scolded her and let Tommy know that he's right, we do NOT call people juice bags. I'm so glad he thought that's what she was saying so hopefully he won't repeat it at school :)

*I was showing Tommy pictures from when he was born (like, literally almost right out of the womb pictures). We were oohing and aahing over them all and I kept saying, "Look, there's your cute little toes!! And your sweet little ears! Oh, and look at your precious little fingers!" He just stared at the picture for a minute and then pitched in and said, "Oh, yeah! And there's my huge privates!!" 

........Out of the mouths of babes.......I'm loving this stage where they say what they're thinking and they have no filter! True, at times it can be embarrassing, but overall, it's highly entertaining!

No comments: