Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Twilight Tuesday

During the month of July, the local zoo offers Twilight Tuesdays. You get free admission to the zoo from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.

We've been meaning to go to the zoo all summer, but it seemed like we just never had time or when we did, it was 900 degrees outside. The last time we took Tommy to the zoo, he puked because he was so hot (NOT something I want to relive!).

So when I heard about Twilight Tuesdays, I jumped on it! Evening time is SO much cooler and it was free, which made it even better!

My mom brought the kids to Wichita so Nick and I could just meet them at the zoo as soon as we were done with work.

It was so much fun! The kids are at such a great age to enjoy that kind of stuff. They had a blast looking at all the animals.



I was glad the animals were still out and moving around. We were afraid it would be boring and they'd all be tucking in for the night (do animals do that?!?), but they were still very active!

Even though it was later in the evening, it was still super hot. Luckily, they had misters going all over the zoo, so we stayed semi-cool. Tessa was drenched the whole time :)

They weren't too sure about the petting zoo. It was a little too up close and personal for their taste!


Tessa was SO not into having her picture taken. I kept getting the "no" hand.......

Tommy was really into the penguins and snakes. I HATE the building with all the frogs and snakes, but him and Nick stopped at each little station to find the snakes in their cages. Yuck.

We had a great time! I love that the zoo has a night that's free and will definitely remember it for next year!

No comments: