Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How on EARTH did my sweet little guy go from this itty bitty baby in clothes that were too big for him and that fit perfectly in my arms...............


..................to this GIGANTIC, pea-eating, cell-phone-loving, formula-devouring, Veggie Tales-obsessed CHILD whose feet dangle over the edge of his carseat?!?!


It truly amazes me to look at him now compared to when he was a newborn. It's like a whole different kid! My cousin had a baby recently and we went to the hospital to see the new little guy (PS--He is VERY cute!!). I was holding Tommy and handed him over to Nick so I could hold Beckett. It truly felt like I was holding an empty blanket compared to holding Tommy. It's nuts! And then to think that Tommy was that little just 5 months ago........man, where does the time go? I just love this kid!! He's getting so funny! He has started to really obsess over our cell phones and the TV remote. He's always grabbing at whatever we have. It's really neat to watch him start associating things now too. Like the other day, I was eating a cup of pudding and I think he thought he was going to get to eat because hey, I had a container and a spoon in my hand and it's like now he knows that means LUNCH TIME!!! He got really excited and started blowing bubbles. It was funny! He's also going through this slightly amusing and slightly annoying stage where he rolls over onto his tummy and then gets really mad. It's like he forgets that he knows how to roll BACK over onto his back. It's just so fun to watch him grow and figure things out. My mama-heart gets SUPER proud of him all the time.

On another note, I got a sewing machine for my birthday and I have to say, I think it might have been my favorite gift of all time. I LOVE that thing!! I've already recovered all the back cushions of our couch, about 6 throw pillows, sewn 6 onesies, taken in 2 pairs of pants and hemmed 3 shirts. I finally have the freedom to buy things on sale that I think look okay and make them look GREAT!! Love it. I HIGHLY recommend a sewing machine if you have any interest at all in sewing. I was worried it would be hard to learn how to use, but I watched the instructional DVD a few times and had it figured out. I'm really excited to start embellishing all of my t-shirts. Apparently, that's the new thing. Seriously. Google it and you'll see.......everybody's doing it.

Well that's all for now! We're going to Table Rock tomorrow (YAY VACATION!!!!) so I won't be posting for awhile (not that anyone's holding their breath waiting for my next post-ha!). Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!! Be safe :)

No comments: