Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

3 months old


Today, my sweet little baby boy is THREE MONTHS OLD!!! Holy smokes! Can it really be that he's been in our family for 3 months already? It seems like just yesterday he was born, but at the same time, it seems like he's been a part of my life forever! What did I do before I had a kid?!?!

Tommy, at 3 months old, you are doing SO much!!

*I weighed and measured you about a week ago and you were 15 1/2 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long!! Oh my, you're getting to be a big boy!

*You are in size 2 diapers. We have a few size ones that we are trying to squeeze you into just so they're not wasted, but it's not working too well!

*At night, right before bed, you eat one bottle that is almost always 6 oz and then when you wake up, you eat another 6 oz bottle. During the day, you eat 4-6 oz of formula every 3-4 hours.

*You are sleeping about 6 hours at night. You go to sleep between 9 and 10pm and wake up once usually between 3 and 4am. You eat and then immediately go back to sleep until about 7am. I am LOVING it!! Mommy is so much nicer when she gets sleep!

*You are wearing 3-6 month clothes. You still have some 0-3 that fit, but they're getting a little too short. The tummy part fits, but your body is long and I can barely get your 0-3 month onesies to snap!
*You have big ole monkey feet that you have recently discovered!! Your legs are constantly kicking. You have a bouncy chair you lay in that has toys that dangle over it and you're found that you can use your toes to hook one of the toys and pull the string!! Then it plays music and you love it!

*You have started letting us know how you REALLY feel :) Before this month, you only cried when you were hungry, needed a diaper change or were really tired. Now, you let us know when you're mad because we're not moving fast enough, you're hot, you want to sit up, etc. You had your very first MELT DOWN on April 9th at Kylie's birthday party. You were furious about something, but nothing Mom did helped! It was sad and frustrating because I felt helpless and you were HY-STER-I-CAL!!! You finally calmed down after about 20 minutes and I had taken you outside. I think maybe you were tired, hot and riled up by all the noise. Hope that NEVER happens again (although I'm sure it will!).

*You are smiling like crazy and it's the CUTEST thing!! You especially smile at your daddy a lot. It drives mom crazy because I'll work so hard for a smile and then dad come over and says, "Hi buddy!!" and BAM!! Instant smile. You're definitely going to be your daddy's boy. You watch him all the time and spend minutes at a time just looking at him and following him with your eyes every where he goes. But I LOVE those gummy grins you're giving out!
*You hold your head up really well! You still don't LOVE tummy time, but you tolerate it okay. You're getting stronger!!

*You have discovered your hands and are CONSTANTLY putting them in your mouth. Whenever there is a blanket or burp rag in your reach, you grab hold of it and it immediately goes to your mouth. I see future days of digging bugs, dirt, small toys and millions of other things out of your mouth.

*You love staying with your auntie Brooke!! I came home the other day and found you guys on the couch :) I have a feeling you do a lot of this, which is good since you're a growing boy! I'm glad you have such a good baby-sitter to stay with!


*You still have your little wrinkle in your ear. We thought it might smooth out, but it's still there! Mom's kind of glad because I think it's really cute :) Love those little ears!


*Your little mouth is SO cute!! Your lips seem to get bigger and bigger!! Especially when you fall asleep, they get all puckered up and are really cute :) I'm so glad that you're still little enough to fall asleep on mommy!





Tommy, you are your mommy's pride and joy! I can't believe you are already 3 months old. Oh how the time is passing WAAAAAAY too fast. I'm sad that you're already so big, but excited for all the fun things to come--crawling, walking, talking, laughing, your first 4th of July, 1st Christmas!! What an adventure you're going to take your mommy and daddy on!! I wish I could keep you little forever because it's easier to keep you safe, but I know God is going to take care of you ALL the time, even when mommy can't be there. You have made me realize how much I am capable of loving somebody and I thank God for bringing you into my life!! I love you sweet boy! 


No comments: