Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Biscuits=dangerous!!

So just a short little blurp about my exciting trip to Dillons.

Now, I know you're thinking, "What on earth could possibly be exciting about grocery shopping?"

Nothing. There is NOTHING exciting about buying groceries and knowing you just spent money on something that you are going to eat and then eventually just turns into poop. Sorry to be gross, but that's just what it is. Essentially, when we buy groceries, we're buying poop.

 But I digress...it was my turn to bring breakfast to the staff meeting today, so I went grocery shopping a few nights ago. I decided to make these little biscuit muffins (and they turned out REALLY good!!). You just buy a tube of jumbo biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half and put it in a muffin tin, pressing it onto the bottom and sides. Brown some sausage and put a little bit of sausage in each "biscuit cup." Then beat a few eggs (like you would for scrambled eggs) and pour that mixture over the top. Sprinkle cheese on top and cook it for about 12 minutes and VOILA!!! Sausage, egg, biscuit and cheese in a muffin shape!! They were delicious. But I digress. After I got all my groceries, I put them in the back of the Jeep and was driving home when I heard this LOUD POP!!! Sounded like a gunshot, no lie. So I ducked and freaked out a little and then slowly came to my senses, realizing that none of my windows were shattered and I had NOT been shot to my death.

Then I tried to figure out what the noise was. That's when it came to me---my biscuits!! When I got home, there were biscuits all over the back of my Jeep! DANG IT!! I had to go buy more biscuits!! But it was pretty funny and I wish I would've had a video tape of my reaction to that noise, because I bet I looked like an idiot! Grocery shopping made a TINY bit fun :)

No comments: