Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

To Tessa on your 7th birthday...

7 years. It doesn't seem possible. I can literally remember the SECOND I found out I was pregnant with you and all the chaos that came after! It feels like it was yesterday.

I am having SO much fun with you as a seven year old. Your toothless grin makes me so happy and your sweet heart brings me joy.

You have started to REALLY find your sass. It's not often that you back talk or get an attitude, but it's happened a little more frequently lately. It always takes me by surprise a bit and sometimes makes me giggle on the inside because of how much attitude you can give with your eyes! You definitely let us know what you're feeling.

You get really offended when you get in trouble. You sometimes get mad, but usually just get sad and won't talk to us for a little bit. We just give you your space and after 30 minutes or so of being alone in your room, you're ready to work it out! You never stay too mad for too long!

99% of the time, you are sweet and kind! You are ALWAYS willing to help us out with pretty much anything and are always wanting to pitch in and learn about what we're doing. You're like a second mother to your little brother--you've made a lot of money recently changing his diapers because daddy offers to pay you, knowing you'll say yes and he'll get out of changing dirty diapers.

You're already a little entrepreneur and LOVE finding ways to earn money so you can buy what you want. You ask for extra chores and always want me to try to sell things on Facebook. You are constantly asking to have garage sales and lemonade stands so you can sell your junk--I love it!

You're still the best one in the family at finding things. When everyone else has looked for something, we ask you to look and you almost ALWAYS find whatever is missing!

You love playing with slime and watching YouTube videos about making slime. You could seriously watch them for hours if we let you! I always say I'll never understand but then sometimes catch myself watching them with you--ha! You're into nail polish and Junie B Jones books and stuffed animals and twirly skirts. You like riding bikes and playing outside with your brothers. You would be pantsless every hour of the day if we allowed it. You HATE wearing pants! You love swimming and playing in the water, but nothing tops your love of swinging on the monkey bars and trying to skip as many bars as you can!

I seriously LOVE the age you're at and the person you're becoming. I enjoy our conversations and hope you're always willing to share your heart and thoughts with me! You're my best girl and I'm so glad you're my daughter!

Happy birthday, Tessa Grace!


No comments: