Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bedroom redo

So when we first moved into our house, we practically lived in the basement. The biggest bedroom is down there, so we set up camp! However..........two children later, we had to move upstairs. There are two bedrooms upstairs and neither is super huge, but both are sufficient. We painted both bedrooms tan when we first moved in just to get a fresh coat of paint on the walls and since we wouldn't be actually living in either room for awhile, we weren't too worried about it.

But when it was time to move upstairs, I painted the kids' room, but didn't feel like or have the time to mess with ours. A few weekends ago, I got so tired of looking at those tan walls.

So I threw some junk up there and made some curtains! It at least brightened up the space and brought a little personality to our tan box.

The Mr & Mrs signs, I got for $5 at a garage sale. The curtains are just material from Hobby lobby. The only seam I sewed was a pocket for the rod. The other sides are left unfinished :) Because that's how I roll. The quilt I got for $5 at an estate sale (an answer to one of my many prayers). The two chevron pillow cases, I made from a dress I had bought on clearance at K-Mart for $1.99.


In the small turquoise frame, I printed the lyrics to our wedding song and then wrote N + B in the bottom left hand corner. The scrlly turquoise frame on the left was actually a mirror I found at Goodwill for $3. The mirror broke, so I painted the cardboard back and wrote "Grow old with me." The shutters I got for $1 each. The N and B letters are cardboard that I modge-podged scrapbook paper too. All super easy.

In the time since I've taken these pictures, we got a flat screen and put it up where the "A true love story never ends" painting is. It's nothing majorly beautiful, but I love having fuller walls and bright colors! Makes me so happy! And it makes our room feel not so small :)


No comments: