Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Yeah, I know, Father's Day was yesterday. But yesterday was a busy day full of father time, so I'm posting this today! Father's Day used to be kind of sad for me--not horrible, but just not a day worth celbrating. But his year....what a sweet day Father's day was. I have always been nervous about having kids because even though you know what kind of person your husband is, you can't be 100% sure what kind of father he will be. Don't get me wrong, I knew Nick would be a good dad, but there's always that lingering fear of "what if........". What if the man I marry leaves me and my kids like my dad left us? What if he'd rather watch football than do a puzzle with the baby? What if he'd rather go out with his friends than spend the evening with us?

I know my fears are sometimes VERY frustrating to Nick because he is SO not that person. I remind myself frequently that not every man is my dad (especially not Nick) and that it's not fair to put that problem on anybody else.

I have to say that the day Tommy was born was the best day of my life for several reasons---a big one being that I finally had my fears put to rest. As soon as I saw Nick holding Tommy, I just knew. I KNEW that I would never have to worry again about him being a bad dad or choosing ANYTHING over Tommy's well-being.

His love for his son is so evident and it still makes me so happy to see them together.

 When Tommy is laying on the couch with his dad watching TV, he is the most content little boy ever. I know he feels safe and happy.
 It brings a smile to my face every night when they have their "male-bonding" time as Nick likes to call it. I love that my son will never have to wonder if his daddy loves him. He will never have to worry that he won't be there when he wakes up or that he'll have to live his life without knowing his dad. Thank you God so very much for the blessings you give me!!
Happy Father's Day baby!! You are everything I could have EVER wanted and so much more than I ever dreamed I could have. Thank you for the ENDLESS hours of hard work you do to provide for our family. Thank you for helping around the house. Thank you for choosing to be with your family when there are a million other things you could be doing. Thank you for marrying me and giving me one of the best things in my life. I love you so much.

No comments: