Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

To Tessa, on your 6th birthday--

Tessa Grace--

I can't believe you are 6 years old. It just doesn't seem possible. It literally feels like yesterday that we were waiting to see your face as you came into the world!

At 6 years old, you are around 55 pounds and about 46 inches tall. You're in a size 7 top and bottom and wear a size 13 shoe! You're feet are growing like CRAZY.

Kindergarten got you so far in your reading and you have really started to love reading to people. It takes a little time to get through a sentence because you're still sounding things out a lot, but you're getting pretty good!

You LOVE doing anything artsy. Coloring, cutting things into pretty shapes, crafts, painting....you seem to enjoy it all! You also like writing in your journal and leaving little notes for me and Daddy around the house. It's the best. One morning, I left for work and on the back door was a sticky note from you that said, "I love you mommy and daddy." That was a few months ago and I haven't taken it down yet because it's so sweet.

You've just recently gotten into a few more girly things. You haven't been super into bows and shoes and purses and accessories until the last few months. Now you love adding your own flair to outfits and going shopping for cute hair stuff or fun little outfits. You have a little wallet that you carry around (that is always full of money because you HATE spending what money you have!). It's been fun watching you find your girlier side (although you still ride four wheelers and get muddy and pick up bugs that gross me out). 

You are super sweet and compassionate. That is something you did NOT get from me. I really struggle with empathy sometimes, but you.....you just take on everyone's feelings as your own. When somebody's hurt, you're the first one there to help do whatever needs done. Me and daddy always say you're going to be a nurse because you're good at comforting people, but also at being methodical and level headed about helping "fix ouchies." I am so glad you have such a tender heart and am praying that it stays that way!

While you're mostly sweet as honey...you are SO sassy lately. I sometimes struggle because I've been laughing when you get mad. I can't help myself! You are seriously usually the most calm, sweet little girl, but when you're REALLY mad....oh man. Everybody better look out. You can shoot daggers with those eyes. Seeing your cute little face get all grumpy just makes me giggle!

When your feelings are hurt, you totally retreat and it takes me a good 20 minutes to get you to talk to me and tell me what's wrong. But eventually you talk to me and tell me what's wrong--you are always quick to forgive and hug and make up. I always make you and your brother hug after you're done fighting and while you fight it at first, you usually end up giggling by the end of the hug.

I just love you, little lady! You make me want to be a better person. You call me out when a bad word slips out of my mouth, you remind me if I'm being too grumpy, you tell me that God loves us more than anyone on earth can, you sing at the top of your lungs and put all of your heart into it no matter what you sound like,  you say what you're thinking even if I can tell you instantly regret it and you just are a FUN little person.  I'm so glad you were born SIX YEARS AGO!! I love you, Gracie Lou.

No comments: