Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

On her 5th birthday...

Tessa Grace--

I cannot believe that you are 5 years old! The years have FLOWN by.

You, my lady, are such a joy in life. I am so grateful every day that you are my daughter.

At 5 years old, you are 53 pounds and 3ft 8in. You are getting so big! You're not too far behind your brother. You wear a size 6 clothes (sometimes a 7, depending on the brand) and a toddler size 12 shoe! We're almost out of toddler sizes and that breaks my heart because clothes and shoes stop being as cute when they're kids sizes.

You have just started to enjoy shopping for clothes and finding your own "style." Most of the time it looks pretty good, but there have been a few outfits I've had to put my foot down on. You love it when dad takes you somewhere and lets you wear whatever you want. You usually come home and I am shocked that he let you out in public, but you always laugh and giggle about it.

You are a pretty good balance of tomboy and girly-girl. You love to be outside getting dirty, riding four wheelers, playing with the dogs, riding bikes......but you also love putting on makeup with mom, snuggling up to watch movies, twirling in dresses and finding cute shoes! You are signed up for ballet/tap class, but also want to play flag football. I'm hoping that it works out for you to be able to do both.

You love to read chapter books (except you call them "tractor books"). It's hilarious because you pick up a book, skim the pages and then when you're done, you get so excited because you just "read" an entire book. You get very annoyed with me when I point out that you aren't ACTUALLY reading and you glare at me until I retreat slowly.

You wear your emotions on your sleeve. You try SO hard not to let people tell what you're thinking/feeling, but I know in an instant when you go from happy to mad or sad or whatever. Your mad face is the cutest. You scrunch up your little nose and cross your arms. But you also have the best smile in the world.

When you are tired....you are DONE. You start falling asleep no matter where we are and you get very drowsy and a little bit grumpy. You don't ever really fight going to bed and you like your room to be pitch dark and freezing cold. Just like your daddy!

You start kindergarten this year! You're glad you're done with preschool, but your brother has made you a little nervous about kindergarten because he didn't LOVE it. So you SAY you don't want to go, but when we start talking about who your teacher might be and what you'll do all day, you act excited. I think you're going to thrive and love it!

 You love taking care of people. I'm convinced you're going to be a nurse or something along those lines, because you are all about helping people do things. If I have an "ouchie," you fix it. If someone gets hurt, you hug them. If something needs found, you find it. If I have a question about something, you try to answer it. You're always by my side wanting to help me do anything and everything. You truly do so much for me and so willingly!

Gracie, I could not be any prouder of you than I already am! You have always been the perfect addition to our family and I'm so, SO grateful for you. Happy birthday, sweet girl!


No comments: