Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Father's Day 2016

So.....it's been awhile since Father's Day. We've just been so busy, I haven't had much time to blog lately. But I did want to take the time to acknowledge my husband and what a great dad he is.

I grew up without a dad and while that was sometimes kind of hard, it mostly taught me the kind of dad I wanted my kids to have.

Nick is everything I dreamed of a dad being and more. I love that he spends so much time with them. It doesn't matter what he's doing.....he's almost always willing to let a kid tag along. Even with having a step-dad, I never experienced having a man actually WANT their kids to hang around--inviting them to participate in different activities. I always felt like I was an inconvenience, so it's been so great seeing that with him and knowing that he TRULY doesn't mind having them as his shadow.

So many people take that for granted and say, "Well, that's what a dad is SUPPOSED to do." But so many dad's just DON'T. So to see it happening for my kids makes my heart all kinds of happy!

Nick, I love you! I appreciate so much all that you've done for our family and all that you do for our kids!

It might be a month late, but Happy Father's Day!



No comments: