Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Turning 32

I've considered stopping counting. I mean, once you hit 30........does it really matter any more?!?

Of course it does! But I'm facing the fact that I'm just getting old. I'm so old, I forgot how old I was the other day. Someone asked me how old I'd be turning on my birthday and I legitimately couldn't answer until I counted from 1984 to 2016. Sad.

But none the less........I had a great birthday! My mom and sister always plan a present an hour for my birthday and I LOVE it. They're little gifts, but it's fun to get something every hour! I mean, who wouldn't love that? I got a donut and diet coke for breakfast as my first gift.

I can't remember everything I got, but there were hair ties, bobby pins, a bracelet, candy and my favorite of the day was a solar powered unicorn jumping over a castle!
 It's kind of amazing. The little unicorn just dances over it all day. The kids at my office LOVE it! And let's be real.....so do I.

My sister brought some cute little guests up for lunch! 
 
My nieces came too, but my phone was being dumb and wouldn't let me add their pictures. 

She also brought me the most BEAUTIFUL flowers and the most delicious cupcake!
 The pictures don't do them justice. They were so bright and vibrant. They certainly prettied up my desk a bit! And the cupcake was so so so so so good. Mmmmmm.......

After lunch, I finished up my work day. As the clock was winding down, these beauties got delivered....

My husband sure does know the way to my heart. Sweet man. He'd been out of town all week on a business trip and knew I was bummed that he wasn't there to wake me up on my birthday morning. This definitely made up for it!

After work, I got to shop ALL BY MYSELF for an hour or so. It was a little slice of Heaven. And I may have spent a lotta money. But it's nice to splurge every now and then! I got some cute new shirts to get me through the summer. When I was done shopping, I headed over the my mom's to meet up with the rest of my family. We had a big spaghetti dinner and a lot of dessert and got to just hang out and enjoy each others company. It was low key and nice! I got money, money and more money (which made me feel a little better about my shopping trip!). And I got a blingy license plate mount that I'd been keeping my fingers crossed for! 

After dinner, we went home and got to enjoy finally being together as a family of four after a long week of missing Nick. It was the perfect ending to the perfect birthday!

No comments: