Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Kindergarten Round up

I can't even handle the fact that my son is now registered for kindergarten. Like.....HOW?!? But he is. And I'm learning to be okay with that.

One Thursday morning in April, they had kindergarten round up. Tommy was SO so so so so excited! I was so so so so so sad. And excited. We went to his school and checked in. He got to make a name tag and play a little with his friends that were there. The principal introduced himself and then told us he was going to take us on a tour. It was cracking me up because he kept telling us that we were going to walk as a group with our kids to the kindergarten hall and then the parents would take a HARD left while the kids went into the classroom with the teachers. He emphasized multiple times that we needed to move quickly and swiftly so there was no drama with separating from the kids. I feel as if he'd seen a few meltdowns in his day :)

So while Tommy was in the classroom reading a book and doing a craft with his teachers, we got to walk around and see the building. On the one hand, nothing had changed since I went to school there and on the other hand.....EVERYTHING was different because it was going to be my KID'S school. The whole time I was there, I had to restrain myself from asking what the safety plan was in case of a school shooting, tornado or missing child. #helicopterparent #noshame

After our tour, we got to meet back up with the kids and oh MAN, they were cute! Tommy just seemed so grown up and confident (when did this happen??). He LOVED both of the teacher (although he wants Mrs. Ryan because her classroom is bigger, he says).

I was super impressed with the school and staff and while my heart is breaking thinking about sending him to KINDERGARTEN, my mind feels a little better knowing he's in safe hands.


No comments: