Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

4th of July 2015

We had such a good time this year! Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays!

We took our annual trip to Stockton with Nick's family. We left the weekend before 4th of July and spent about 4 1/2 days there. The water was nice and the lake was fairly empty (which is the BEST way to enjoy it). Nick got to spend a lot of time fishing and we both got to relax and ENJOY our children for long stretches of time.

We spent a few days on the boat. We got in lots of quality time with the grandparents....
 I got to spend AMPLE hours with these sweet kiddos......

 One day we took a trip to Springfield to see the huge Bass Pro shop they have there. There was SOOOOOOO much to see and they had a delicious brunch buffet that we definitely took advantage of.  Grandma bought them these shirts and they became the cutest models EVER....

We ate and ate and ate (and had a squeeze cheeseburger of course--which is life changing). 
The rest of our time was spent enjoying the scenery and the company.


We got home on Wednesday and went straight to Tommy's very last t-ball game!

We were off work for the rest of the week, so we spent a lot of time hanging out around the house and doing some small home improvement projects. We also got some new toys.......


 We LOVE them and have already had so much fun on them! Tommy was ecstatic when we showed them to him!

Then we had my whole family over to our house on the 4th. It was so nice. We ate some good food and had fun shooting off fireworks. The kids were all setting off their own (smoke bombs and snakes and little things like that). I was SO happy to see Tommy doing that. I hate to say it, but he's kind of a wimp (sorry if you're reading this someday, son. But you are). So to see him being "brave" and not being scared of fireworks like he was last year....it was a breath of fresh air. And his big cousin Alex was such a good teacher!


Then I got to take some pictures of THIS cute firecracker!!

This next picture KILLS me! Tessa ran up to me to ask me a question. I saw her face and just about died laughing. They'd been playing for a few hours by then and were obviously dirty, but the eyebrow...SO funny! I don't how she got just that one eyebrow black, but it reminded me of a ragamuffin character off of Annie! She even has a little dirt mustache :)

We had an awesome 4th of July. I love our country and I'm so thankful for the people that serve to keep us free!

No comments: