Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day was perfect this year! I think we may have found a tradition for my side of the family that works really well. For the second year in a row, we had my whole family over for breakfast. I love this for two reasons:

1. It's nice to do something in the morning so we have the afternoon open for Nick's family.
2. I freakin' love breakfast food. I could it eat for every meal, every day.

We made biscuits and gravy and pancakes and everyone else brought a side. We had turnovers, eggs, bacon, hash brown casserole, fruit.......it was delicious. And Nick did most of my cooking and most of the cleanup, so that made it even better!

After we ate, Tessa and I went to church with my mom and sister and brother-in-law. Tommy had been up alllllll night coughing (and on Mother's Day, I felt the sheer exhaustion that it takes to be a mom), so we didn't want to put him in the nursery or have him in the service where he could infect people (although I'm pretty sure now it's an asthma cough). So Tommy and Nick stayed home. I was bummed not to be with them but the service was SO good. The pastor read the book, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. Makes me cry EVERY time.

After church, we stayed home and napped. And it was glorious. I slept for two hours and had zero guilt about it!

We met Nick's family for dinner at Ciao at 6pm. They have delicious Italian food! I always get a little leery of eating with large groups of people on holidays because it seems like you always have to wait forever. And waiting forever with two well-rested children is not fun. But it turned out great! We got seated right away and it didn't take TOO long to get our food. And at the end of the meal, they served all the mom's chocolate cupcakes with a card on the plate and a little bag of Andes mints. The cupcake was SO yummy and the card had a great surprise in it--a $10 gift card to Ciao! So we'll be going back sometime soon :)


So, pretty much the cupcake picture is the only picture I took on my phone on Mother's Day. Is that sad? I didn't get any with my kids until it was like 9:30pm and they're on my big camera, so I'll download those later. Oops--guess that shows where my priorities are. Cupcakes over kids any day, right? ;)

Mother's Dad this year was WONDERFUL. I'm so glad Nick and I both still have our moms and that they're as wonderful as they are. And I'm forever grateful for the two blessings that made me a mommy.





No comments: