Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Benton Days 2015

Last weekend was Benton Days--one of my favorite days of the year! I remember going as a little girl, so I love taking my kiddos and enjoying our small town.

I also have a tendency to get a little overexcited about the garage sales on Benton Days. Ever since I've had kids, going to garage sales is my jam. Like, I seriously can't get enough of it. There's nothing that gets my heart pumpin' like a good deal!

This year, Nick and Tommy were out of town so it was just us girls. Nana stayed the night and we got up bright and early (okay, it was 9am) to hit the town.

God is so good and so funny. I had been thinking in my head but never actually prayed about the fact that I was really hoping to find some nice Nike shoes for Tommy. He is obsessed with Nike's and asks for them all the time. But with my cheapness, I can't make myself pay $50 for a pair he'll grow out of in two months or get caked in mud in less than 30 seconds of being outside.

Well, the first garage sale we stopped at had several pairs of Nike's for $2 each that were in EXCELLENT condition. I bought 4 pairs. Thanks God! Tommy was thrilled when I showed them to him later.

Then we went to several more and I scored on clothes for Tessa!

Have I mentioned I LOVE garage saling?!? Cause I do.

After we garage saled, we grabbed some lunch and headed to the parade. Tommy was super bummed he was missing this and asked me to take a picture of every single fire truck. Luckily, there were only two fire trucks :)





Tessa had a blast and we ended up with a grocery sack stuffed with candy (like we needed more of that!). She did have a spill and scraped her knee up on the gravel. But after a few seconds of crying, she brushed it off and got back to enjoying herself. Is it terrible that I thought, "Thank God it was Tessa and not Tommy. If he was here and fell, it would've been a 30 minute ordeal." I hate to think that, but he is seriously SO dramatic and she is SO chill (about pain. She definitely has drama in other areas).

After the parade, we went home and crashed HARD. It was a long, hot, exhausting day, but I had SO much fun with my girl!

No comments: