Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

That's my girl

So the other day, I was making breakfast. I know for some, that's the norm. But for me...it's a big deal! I mean, I feed my kids every morning but it's not very often that I make a BIG breakfast with all the trimmins. But it was Nick's birthday, so I wanted to go all in.

My kids aren't super used to seeing all the cooking utensils out before noon, so they were wide-eyed and watching me like a hawk. Thanks for your vote of confidence, children, but I GOT this.

I got out the griddle and was warming it up to make pancakes. We were out of Pam, so I got some butter and put a little on the griddle to grease it. Well, apparently my griddle was a little too hot because it smoked a little and popped. Tessa was standing in a chair up by the counter top and watched all of this happen.

When the griddle started smoking, she stared at me for a few seconds.......rolled her eyes and shook her head and said.....

"Don't worry, mom. Jesus will help us."

See if I ever make my family breakfast again.

No comments: