Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I feel like I say it every year, but I think this Mother's Day was by far my best. I had an AHHMAAAZZZZING day on Saturday (more on that later) so that gatewayed into an absolutely perfect Sunday. The kids stayed the night with my mom Saturday night becaus Nick and I went out for my birthday. I was a little hesitant at first because that meant I would wake up on Mother's Day without my kids there. That thought made me a little sad.

But then on the other hand.......what better Mother's Day present than sleeping in? And I thought it was only fair to sacrifice time with my kids to give MY mom the best Mother's Day present EVER--which is time with her grandchildren! Am I right?!?

So we slept in until 8:30am or so. Nick made me breakfast in bed, which was SO yummy and relaxing. Then we got around and went to meet my mom and the kids and my cousin Whitney at church. Tommy actually did pretty well during church last Sunday. Tessa, however, did not. And somehow, BOTH of the binkies I had sent with her to my mom's had gotten lost, so we had no binkie to give her. Not good. Nick took her outside during most of the service.

After church, we headed out to the Raft for Mother's Day with the Wilhelm's. The Raft is a little pond area with places that people can park their campers year round, so we usually end up out there for family functions during the summer. The weather was pretty near perfect! We did burgers on the grill and had some tasty sides with fruit and cake for dessert. SO good!

There were a couple of girls that that were loving the watermelon! Do I have the cutest nieces ever or what?!
Uncle Josh fed Miss Tessa her first taste of watermelon.........
She wasn't too sure at first but the more she ate, the more she liked it!

Tommy did have one MAJOR meltdown. I can honestly say it was because he was tired. HOWEVER. He did still get in trouble. I took him in the camper and we sat on the bed until he calmed down. He almost fell asleep about 5 times but just wasn't giving in to a nap. It took a good 15 minutes for him to stop throwing his little tantrum, but once he calmed down, he was pretty good for the rest of the day.

Nick and I took Tommy and Tessa for a ride on the golf cart. You would think they had just won a million dollars with as thrilled as they were for that ride! Tessa was squealing with her hair blowing in the wind and Tommy was just dying to "dwive da dolfdart!" There's a little path that goes around the pond and it was fun to drive on it in the nice weather with both of the kids having the time of their lives. Who knew such simple things could be so much fun? ;)

On the way home from the Raft, both kids fell asleep. Nick decided to get some work done outside and I decided to relax on the bed and watch my shows while laying under the delightfully cool ceiling fan. I got a good hour of relaxation! Whit came over to stay the night and I was SO glad she was there! We just love her company and the kids have a blast with her!

After they woke up from their nap, it was time for me to open my presents (my FAVORITE part!). Tommy got me the most beautiful cross necklace with a little diamond in the middle. Tessa got me a family tree necklace that I've had my eye on for quite some time. It's funny because Nick said that when he Tessa bought the family tree necklace, he she wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but I'd been wanting it for a long time! They did good!

I am so blessed to be a mom. I am so sad for those who want to be mom's but aren't. I am devastated for those who have moms that don't want them. I am heartbroken for those who have lost a mom they loved. I try to thank God daily for making me a mommy, even when I feel like looking myself in the bathroom just to have a few seconds alone.

Thank you God for my blessings!

No comments: