Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's a great year to be 29!

On Monday, I turned 29 years old. I know by the normal standard, I should be depressed that I only have  1 year until I'm officially in my "thirties." But this year, I felt nothing but blessed. It's a GREAT year to be 29!!

 I have always, ALWAYS loved my birthday. I count down to it every year and get so excited! I think I usually drive everyone crazy, but I just can't help it! This year, I wasn't quite as annoying due to lack of TIME to get too excited, but I was so looking forward to it.

Last year, my birthday was on Mother's Day. I was actually born on Mother's Day (the BEST present ever, I know). But now that I'm a mom, I don't really like sharing my birthday with Mother's day--I mean, I get gypped out of a a whole day! Instead of having two celebrations, I only get one. Selfish? Maybe. True? Yes :) What can I say? I like a party!

My birthday started on Saturday (2 days before) when me, my sister, my mom, Whitney and Granny took a trip to Marion. I blog stalk a lady that lives around the Newton area (check out her blog--Whatever). She runs a crafting weekend for women and they always take what looks like the most amazing trips to these antique stores in Marion, KS. So for my birthday, that's what I chose to do! I was looking for a big window screen and a quilt. Those were the two things I had in mind. I really wanted to go to the barn she always talked about because I just KNEW I'd find something there, but we went twice and it was closed both times. We shopped around a little more and right before we were getting ready to leave Marion (I had found NOTHING to buy yet), my mom got the card for the owner of the barn, so she called him and he said he was on his way out there if we wanted to meet him. Um, yes please!

His name was Auggie and he was the nicest, funniest, most sincere man. Such a sweet guy!
I found the PERFECT turquoise colored screen, which was EXACTLY what I had in mind when we went out there. I also found a white window frame that I wasn't looking for but loved. Then, on the way home from Marion, we stopped at an estate sale and I found an awesome quilt for FIVE DOLLARS!! It made my day whole weekend! That just set my birthday up for perfection!

So I woke up on my ACTUAL birthday to a smiley baby girl and a cute blond haired boy saying, "It's mommy's durpday!!" Tommy LOOOOOOVES durpdays! Whitney had stayed the night, so she took the kids to Brooke's for me, which meant I got to hang out at home for an extra 15 minutes or so. It doesn't sound like long, but 15 minutes alone was a little like heaven! I got to work where my bestie, Hannah, had pastries and a Diet Coke waiting at my desk. She also made me the puuurfect card. I hate cats. Like, can't STAND cats (which she is clearly aware of). But she made me a card with a cat picture on it that said, "Happy Purrrrrthday." I loved it and wanted to punch the cat picture all at the same time. And my other coworker, Maria, got me a huuuuuuuuge jar of Laffy Taffy (which I am officially addicted to!).

Then my mom had Hannah deliver me a present every hour. She's done that the last few years and I have to say, it is SO exciting! Even though I know it's coming and it's just little things, I SO look forward to it!! A few of the things I got this year were Wintergreen mints, jawbreakers, solar powered dancing daisies (MUCH cuter than they sound!), a sandwhich crust cutter, air freshner, 2 REALLY cute scarves........and a lot of other things I can't remember. I HIGHLY recommend doing this for someone you love. It just makes the WHOLE day special!

Whitney brought me On The border for lunch! She also hand delivered a hand made card from Tommy (and Tess) and a whole plate of brownie crusts (because I like the crust, not the middle) that Brooke made me! It was so nice to have a change of pace at work! I appreciated her coming SO much.

After work was over, my family all met at Golden Corral for dinner. I was still stuffed from lunch but managed to find room for just a few delicious rolls with honey butter :) We ate until we couldn't eat any more and then it was time for MORE presents.

Y'all.

I am SO spoiled. I got EVERYTHING, literally EVERYTHING, I wanted. My sister and Michael got
me a sideways cross bracelet that I love and a 31 bag I've been dying to have (AND a bottle of red glitter nail polish that I've been looking for and could NEVER find), Whitney got me a shirt from K-Mart that I've been obsessing over but couldn't make myself spend money on, Brandon got me money (which I'm putting towards a new camera) and my mom got me a 31 bag and the quilt that I found on Saturday. So blessed.

After dinner, Nick and I and the kids went home and I got my presents from them. Tommy and Tessa got me a beautiful pair of earrings. But Nick got me the best gift of all. He gave me money to put specifically towards a camera AND a certificate to get family pictures done with a promise to have a positive attitude the whooooooole time! A certain someone despises getting pictures taken and we usually end up fighting whenever the occasion arises :) So that gift was SO exciting to get!!

I had the BEST birthday. It was everything I could have wanted and so much more that I didn't even expect! Thank you to all of my family and friends that made it amazing!

Here's to being TWENTY-NINE!!!!!

No comments: