Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Not my usual

This is not my usual post. It's a recipe. Don't worry, I'm not about to go all domesticated momma on you. Cause we all know THAT'S not true :) But I did stumble upon this recipe and have used it about once a week for the last few years. It's delicious and SUPER simple. And it doesn't require 9 million weird spices that you have to spend $50 buying.

It's called Guiltless Alfredo Sauce. You can find the website here. And it truly can be guiltless. I LOVE alfredo sauce. So delicious. But it's usually pretty fattening and requires half and half (which I NEVER half--haha, see what I did there? Clever, huh?).......anywho, here's the recipe.

2 cups low fat milk (I have made with skim and it tastes just as good)
1/3 cup fat free cream cheese
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
chopped garlic to taste
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Basically, you put the 2 cups of milk, 1/3 cup (which I just use 1/3 of a bar) of cream cheese and the 2 tbsp of flour in a blender. Blend until there's no chunks. Then melt the 1 tbsp of butter and saute the chopped garlic (I used garlic powder when I was out of garlic cloves and it tastes just as good). Add the milk mixture into the pan with the melted butter/garlic and stir. Add in the 1 cup of grated parmesan (I use the kind in a can) and stir.

That's it. Truly. It's so fast (like literally 5 minutes). You just stir it while it thickens and you're good to go. If it's a little too runny for some reason, just add a tiny bit of flour and it'll thicken up.

Try it. You'll LOVE it. I promise!! And with the low fat or no fat milk and the low fat or no fat cream cheese, there's no guilt. Except you might want to drink it out of the pan instead of putting it over noodles because it's THAT good.

No comments: