Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fashion faux pas

Now.....Nick is a great dad. He's an awesome husband. He's a hard worker. He's an excellent son. BUT....a fashion-conscious man, he is NOT. I will say he's gotten much better at dressing our children since I've tried to emphasize that just because a brown shirt is the same color of brown as khaki shorts does NOT mean they go together. When we put our children in all brown, they tend to look like a big, active, wiggly turd. I've gotten better at letting a few outfits slide. Like green camo shorts and a navy blue shirt that says in bright red, "Hi! My name is trouble." I turned away and shut my mouth a few times.

But when it comes to my baby girl........I'm pretty particular about what she wears. That's part of the fun of having a girl--dressing her up in cute little outfits! But the other morning, I was running behind and Nick had just gotten home from work. I had Tessa dressed in a little blue shirt with a pink and blue owl on it and some navy blue leggings. It was cold out, so I asked him to grab her some socks and a jacket. And THIS is what I came out of the bathroom to find..........

He had gotten this pair of socks (I'm not sure from where) that were super dingy on the bottoms and went up to her knees! They HAD to have been Tommy's. But wait, it gets better..............
Then he found this blue Gap hoodie that a size 12-18 months :) It SWALLOWED her! Her little hands didn't even come close to peeking out and it came so far down her legs that it almost reached her socks, resulting in looking like she had on no pants.
But bless her little heart, she just kept on smiling and let daddy put her in anything! Me...not so much. It was funny! Don't get me wrong. But had we been going anywhere but Aunt Brooke's house, she definitely would've been changed. I DID pack some little, tiny Tessa-sized socks to change her into but I wanted Brooke to see her outfit because it was so funny! But she did look awfully cute all bundled up in that huge old sweatshirt.

I thought I got my point across to Nick that this was not a baby-girl appropriate outfit. But this morning, he got her ready again. And he was proud as pie of his baby girl :)

Let's just say, I think I need to stay in charge of the morning time. Too bad I'm always running late and have to have help! I need to keep laying their clothes out at night :) Wonder what outfit he'll come up with next..........


1 comment:

Kansas Hobbs' said...

Ha! Reminds me of the time I was subbing and Dan dressed Matt for the "day care" day the home ec dept. was having. On my break I went down to peer in...only to see Matt in his baseball style pajamas!