Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Busy, busy!

Now that it's the weekend, I'm ready to post about last weekend :) That's life with a full time job, a baby and a toddler.........and a husband! I didn't forget you honey.

Last Saturday was PACKED. We've been wanting to take Tommy to a football game because he loves booball (football). Every time he sees a ball or a football game on TV or even a football on a t-shirt, he starts yelling, "Booball! Booball!" So we decided to take him to a game! Our friends have a son (also named Thomas James :) and he plays in Rose Hill. The game started at 9 and of course it was FUH-REEE-ZING. But we bundled the kids up and headed out. And I'm SO glad we did. It was  a blast to watch "big Tommy" (we had to start calling him that because our Tommy was getting really confused when we would tell him to play with Tommy or look at Tommy, etc). I can't wait until our kids are old enough to start playing sports. Of course, I say that now while my evenings and weekends are free ;) Remind me of that when we have practice three nights a week and games every weekend.


It was so cute to watch their team! I had no idea what was going on, but they did.

 And they won!!
Tommy had a blast watching with daddy. His poor little nose was bright red by the time we left, but he had fun. He kept yelling "booball!" and "go!" and other random sounds that made sense to him but nobody else.
 


 He got a little restless towards the end, but I'm excited to take him to another one soon!

After the game, I went garage saling with my mom (and ran across a sale where I got 22 pieces of clothing for the kids for $10!! That's $0.45 a piece, folks!). Nick took the kids to my grandma's to fix her heater. Then we all met up at home for a quick nap for the kiddos. We had to wake them up so we could run to our niece's birthday party. It was originally going to be at a park, but they moved it inside since it was so cold! I was so grateful for that!! They turned the kids loose in a room full of balloons and it was perfect!

It took Tommy awhile to get in on the action, but he finally started gathering balloons. Believe it or not, he went straight for the orange and blue ones......Broncos colors. Daddy was proud :)

 The birthday girl, Miss Mackayla, turned FIVE! Holy smokes! She couldn't wait to dive into her cake. Which was made my her aunt Michelle who owns The Sweet Batch (if you want delicious home made cake and cookies, let me know and I'll hook you up. She makes delish desserts!).


Tessa just hung out and got passed around to her grandparents and aunts and uncles. She loved it :)

After the party was over, we headed home again and I got to go out for a girls night! It was such a great break. My and my bestie and two of the girls we work with went to On The Border. Mexican food, margaritas and girl talk was exactly what I needed! Except, I gained back 2 of the 7 lbs I'd lost in the last few weeks. But it was worth every bite!!

It was a busy day, but SO much fun. Nothing like football, garage sales, birthday cake and a night out to make the perfect day! This weekend's going to be packed, too.  Hopefully it won't take me a week to blog about it :)

No comments: