Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

3 months

Well, well, well little girl. YOU are already THREE MONTHS OLD! I can't believe it's been 3 months.

At 3 months old, you are:

*the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Oh my lands. You are the happiest little girl and you are ALWAYS smiling! When you wake up, whenever you see us, CONSTANTLY! I love it!

*I'm guessing about 14 lbs. We haven't weighed you since your 2 month appt, but you've definitely gained :)

*25 inches long

*in size 2 diapers. Mostly because we ran out of size 1 one night and we have a TON of size 2 diapers from my shower, so size 2 it is!

*drinking 4-6 ounces every 4-5 hours. I think right now you're in a growth spurt because you've been eating like crazy, but then you spit a lot of it up because you eat too fast!

*in mostly 0-3, 3month and some 3-6 month clothes. The 0-3 are getting kind of snug :)

*you are in a size 1 or 2 shoe. Some of the size ones I had didn't fit you. I was super bummed because I had some really cute shoes I hadn't tried on you yet because I thought they were too big. By the time I got around to it, a few pairs were too small :( Oh well. You still have a lot left that you'll get to wear!

*SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! I am SOOOOOOO grateful for that. Like, you have no idea. That was the thing I was dreading about having a newborn, but YOU have made my life SO much easier!! I prayed really hard before you were born that you would sleep well and God answered that prayer!

*laughing like crazy. It's the CUTEST thing. Whenever we play peek-a-boo, you crack up like it's the funniest thing you're ever seen (which it probably is since Mom makes a fool out of herself trying to get you to laugh).

*mastering the quivering bottom lip. You have got it down! You don't get upset very often, but when you do, it's very dramatic. You suck your bottom lip in, then poke it out REALLY far and it starts quivering. Too cute :)

*just dying to sit up. You try so hard! Whenever you're laying flat, you're doing little sit ups to try to get in an upright position. We can't even leave you propped up on your boppy because you try to sit up and end up flinging yourself forward where you're basically bent in half. And then you get REALLY mad. We just got your bumbo out and you do pretty good in it!

*not really enjoying tummy time. You tolerate it for a few minutes (long enough for you to lick whatever you're laying on until it's soaked through) and then you start to get fussy. I don't do it near as often as I should. Bad mommy!

*playing with your toes! You JUST found them today :) It was so cute. You found them and you weren't letting go for anything! You also grabbed your toy that hangs down from your play mat for the first time. Smart girl!

*rolling over!! Mommy didn't get to see it yet, but Aunt Brooke said you rolled from your back to your tummy four or five times yesterday! Now if Mom and Dad can just catch you doing it!

*very tolerant. You big brother "helps" you a lot and you usually just lay there and take it unless you're hungry. THEN you get made :) And the madder you get, the more he tries to "help" calm you down. It's kind of a vicious cycle! I know when you're older, you'll fight back!!


*still dark haired and blue eyed. You haven't lost any baby hair (even though people insisted you would, just like they did with Tommy--who also never lost any baby hair). Your eyes are a blue-grey color...almost more grey than blue. I love to look at them! They sparkle with your sweet little personality.

Tessa, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to give you the time, love and attention that you needed with a crazy toddler running around. But you have been amazing. You are so calm and sweet tempered. You always have a smile on your face and I hope your personality stays that way. I just love coming home to you kids and daddy. People told me I would love you just as much as I loved Tommy and they were SO right. There is more than enough room for the two of you in my heart. I'm so, So, SO glad you joined our family! I love you, sweet girl!

No comments: