Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Still going strong

Be still, my heart! 4 years later and he can still make my heart pitter-patter. I can't believe how long it's been, but I also can't believe it's ONLY been 4 years. It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle. I can still remember the excitement I felt--finally getting to become his wife!

I can truly say that with 4 years of marriage under our belt and 5 vehicles, 2 houses and 2 kids later, I know him better than ever and love him more than ever. We've learned the best and worst about each other and have managed to hold onto what we have. I'm so grateful for that because in this day and age, it's become so easy and common to walk away from a marriage in rough times or even in average times. If it's not exciting every moment of every day or new and fresh every morning, people stop caring and then they stop trying.

Marriage is by no means easy. There's a lot of talking, compromising and grace involved. I think that's what I'm the most grateful for---my husband's grace towards me. There are days when, believe it or not ;), I am NOT the most pleasant person to be around. Especially once a month, I tend to be short-tempered, sarcastic and sometimes unloving. Through this whole c-section thing, I've had days where I've complained non-stop. There are nights when I'm so tired from taking care of babies all day that I  give up and flop down on the couch while he does the work. And he STILL tells me he loves me every night!

I'm so blessed to have Nick as my husband. He's everything I could have wanted and more.

To the man of my dreams--Thank you. Thank you for being there for me through every step of life. Thank you for 2 beautiful babies! Thank you for loving me when others might have found me unlovable. Thank you for being on my side. Thank you for pointing out the good when I'm focusing on the bad. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for taking care of me when I can't take care of myself. Thank you for truly being my other half--for being everything that I'm not. I love you and have had the best 4 years of my life with you! Looking forward to the next 50 years!

Love--your best friend ;)

No comments: