Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

One month old

Has it really already been a month? One month since the most dramatic day of my life?? A WHOLE month since that baby girl came into our lives? Crazy. I cannot believe that she's already been here that long.

Tessa, at one month old, you are:

*weighing in at 11 lbs!! Holy smokes! You've gained 3 lbs since you were born. I'd believe it with the way you eat!

*23 inches long. You've grown 2 1/2 inches since birth. You're gonna be tall like daddy :)

*in size 1 diapers. They're a little big, but the newborns were just getting way to small. They need a NB and a half size!

*wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes. All of the pants are huge on you so you are wearing NB pants, but the NB onesies were getting too short and pulling on your shoulders.

*just the sweetest little thing. You aren't real cuddly, but you just have a sweet personality about you.

*still so little, but getting so big! Sometimes I look at you and can't believe how much you've grown and sometimes I look at you and feel like you're still so little an fragile!!

*eating like a champ! Seriously. Other than sleep, it's all you do. You eat anywhere between 4 to 8 oz with each feeding.

*sleep a LOT. I don't remember your brother sleeping near this much (which may be why I was slightly crazier with him). You sleep for 6-8 hours at a time (which I think is why you're eating so much when we feed you--you've gone HOURS without food!). I really, REALLY appreciate that you sleep so well. It makes my nights much easier.

*have smiled and it is the best thing in the world. You started around 2 weeks. It's not in response to anything yet, but I just love that you're smiling! You have a dimple in your right cheek and I'm so glad because I've always loved dimples .Your little face is just so darling when you're smiling.

*finally moving past your massive spit up phase. For awhile, you were getting greedy and eating WAAAAY too much and you would spit up out your mouth and nose. It was scary and messy! But you've slowed down when you eat and haven't done that for about a week and a half now.

*pretty laid back. Your brother tries to mess with you a lot and you take it in stride. I'm hoping this attitude continues because I have a feeling your brother will continue messing with you for maaaaaany years to come.

*still dark headed with dark blue eyes. I hope you keep your blue eyes--they're so pretty! I especially love the combination of the dark brown hair with the blue eyes on my sweet little girl



*already ornery. Your timing is unbelievable sometimes! You always wait until your brother's asleep to start crying. You wait until we have your diaper off to pee. And today, you pooped all over your daddy when he was changing your diaper.......and then you smiled! It was hilarious!!

*already done with a lot of your "firsts." You've been shopping, to your first baseball game, been in your first wedding and had your first date! Whew! That's a lot to accomplish in 1 month!!

Tessa, you aren't doing a whole lot yet since you're still so little, but you are SUCH a joy in our lives. I sometimes still find myself in awe that we have a daughter now. I feel so lucky and blessed and privileged to be your momma! I can't wait to see the little girl you're going to grow up to be. I know we have many years of fun (and drama) ahead of us! I love you, sweet pea!

No comments: