Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Discouraged

I'm tired of being pregnant. So tired. I know I'm one in a zillion women in their 38th week of pregnancy wishing that their baby would come out, but REALLY!!! COME ON!!! I think talking to my OB about inducing a week early shouldn't have happened. Because now, in my head, I've been thinking of her due date as a week earlier than it actually is (which would be next week) so then I feel like I'm literally at the end and she should be coming out any time. But I actually have 2 weeks left :( Which is not that long, but it seems like an eternity!

I saw the PA this morning and hadn't really made any progress since last week. She said I'm at ALMOST 2cm (but I'm pretty sure she was exaggerating my 1cm to make me feel better) and I'm still 80% effaced. Which is better than nothing, but it just means nothing's happened lately. I had asked my OB several weeks ago if inducing one week early was a possibility since Brooke gets married the week after my due date. She said she didn't think it would be a problem, but she's been putting off scheduling a date. Every time I go, she says we'll look at scheduling next time. So today, I saw the PA and I asked her if she was able to schedule it. She said she'd have to talk to Dr. Hague and then they'd have their scheduler set it up for next week! My heart got really happy......but I'm trying not to get excited because I don't want to be let down just in case I don't end up going early. So I guess I'll just have to keep waiting.........and watching. I keep sending up prayers for myself and my friend Stacia (who is almost 39 weeks) that we'll go into spontaneous labor so we don't have to wait for scheduled inductions or c-sections. So far, God's taking His time on answering THAT prayer, but that's okay.

For now, I'm going to try REALLY hard not to be discouraged and to remember that I will never again have the unique experience of being pregnant with Tessa (or any other baby for that matter :). Even if I have to go to 40 weeks, that's only 2 weeks away! And that's gonna fly by.......right??!?!?

No comments: