Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dang it!!

Well dang it!! I thought I was going in to labor yesterday. But I wasn't. I woke up feeling really nauseous and having some stomach cramping. I thought it was some flu type stuff because a girl at work had been sick lately and I hadn't felt awesome the last few days, so I ignored it and went to work. At around noon, I had what I was pretty sure was a contraction, but I convinced myself it was wishful thinking. Well, 20 minutes later, it happened again. They weren't crippling, but they definitly made me catch my breath and try to find a more comfortable position (which was impossible). I made sure to pay attention to how far apart they were and how long they were lasting. They were all around 45-60 seconds long and were coming pretty consistantly at about 15-25 minutes apart. And they freaking hurt!! My back was throbbing and I was hoping I wasn't having back labor (I've never heard ANYTHING good about that!). I've been all for trying to go "natural WITH drugs" this time instead of c-section but once I had those contractions, I started remember how bad it hurt with Tommy and it was making me rethink that whole thing!!

I stayed at work. Everyone kept telling me to go home, but I knew that would be pointless because if it was false labor, I would have wasted sick leave and if it was real labor, they wouldn't have taken me at the hospital until they were only 5 minutes apart. Soooo.......I stuck it out. It sucked, but now I'm glad I didn't leave. Since Nick is still working 3rd, he had to leave at 7:30pm to go to work and I was still having contractions so Brooke and Michael came over and helped me with Tommy and baby-sat me. My family has been so awesome!!! Brooke stayed the night last night and my mom has been staying the night so I wouldn't be home alone while Nick was at work if I DID go in to labor. I'm truly blessed with all the willing and helpful people in my life. Last night proved that if NOTHING else came from it :)

I finally stopped having contractions at around 10:30pm. My back was still hurting a lot and my stomach was super nauseous, but I was able to fall asleep around 1am and when I woke up, that seemed to be better too. I just have to say.........I hope all the false hope and painful contractions I went through yesterday were worth SOMETHING. I go to the OB tomorrow and last time I was dilated 1 cm. Well tomorrow, I better be at like at LEAST 2 and somewhat effaced or I'm going to cry. Those contractions had to have been doing something to help my labor along!

Regardless, I know she's going to be here so soon. I'm getting excited and nervous and anxious and mentally and physically exhausted. I'm ready to start our new normal! Come on Tessa!! Mommy wants to see your sweet face!!!

No comments: