Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

3rd of July

My 3rd of July was the perfect mix of horrible and awesome. I wasn't going to take any time off work before maternity leave, but one of the doctors that I work for had taken off several days around the 4th and I was so physically and emotionally worn out that I decided to just bite the bullet and take of the day before the 4th of July.  I planned a doctor's appointment for Tommy to establish care at the doctor that Nick and I see. He's been seeing a pediatrician in Andover who I really like, but I don't like any of his PAs or nurse practitioners and it's kind of hard to actually get an appointment WITH him, so we decided to transfer care. I also planned for my 36 week OB appointment to be that day.

So Tommy's appointment was scheduled for 8:50am. My sister went with us and I hauled butt making sure to get there on time because it is one of my biggest pet peeves when people are late to the doctor. I had all my paperwork done, so I got checked in quickly and paid my copay. We took Tommy back to the kid's area to play until it was our turn. I heard someone call my last name, so I got our stuff and went to go back, but the nurse wasn't at the door. So I assumed I was crazy and put all our stuff back so Tommy could keep playing. Then I heard it again. I looked up and the receptionist was flagging me down like I was her waitress or something. I went to the desk and in between talking to another lady to check in, she told me that she needed to reschedule my appointment because I was late. I said, "How late?? Like, 1 minute? I got here right at 8:50am." She VERY rudely said, "Your appointment was at 8:40am." So while trying to explain AND apologize that there had been a misunderstanding (and it was only 10 minutes) in what time the appointment was, she interrupted me several times and demanded my receipt back from my copay so she could refund my account. She didn't give me a chance to explain and I was so mad and embarrassed at that point that I tossed my receipt on the counter and left. And then cried for like, 30 minutes (due to the pregnancy of course :). I was SO mad. 10 minutes?? On accident? REALLY?!?! I could understand if it was 30 minutes and I wasn't apologetic and it was a chronic problem. But we're ALWAYS on time, it was a misunderstanding and I cannot TELL you how many times I've gone there and waited for an hour or more to be seen. You can't tell me if they had gotten me back in a room, even if I was 10 minutes late, that the doctor would've been in there right away to see me. So I waited until I stopped crying and then called the office manager to let her know how pissed off disappointed I was about their service. She said (of course) that she was so sorry and that wasn't how it was supposed to be dealt with. Then she asked if we got Tommy's appointment rescheduled. To which I responded by laughing and letting her know we wouldn't be bringing him back.

Then me, Brooke and Tommy killed some time at Hobby Lobby until my appointment at 10:50am. We got to my OB office and I went to check in. And they proceeded to inform me that Dr. Hague was actually at the west side location that day. Of course she was! Why would I have been at the right place at the right time?!? I was 100% sure that I had NOT been informed this appointment was on the west side though, so I asked if there was any other doctor I could see or another time that day that I could be seen. She called the west side and they said I could head over and be seen there. Thank God! The doctor was very nice about it and said she was sorry I had to drive to the west side. It was how a patient SHOULD be treated when there's a misunderstanding!! That appointment went well. I'm 1cm dilated (only  9 more to go!!) and her heartbeat was good.

So after those appointments, we FINALLY headed home and started getting ready for the BBQ we were having at our house. My family came over and we had smoked ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, rolls and a million other delicious things. It was SOOOOOOO good and we've been eating left overs all week! We just hung out for several hours outside, shooting off fireworks and enjoying each others company. After my stressful morning, it was the perfect relaxing evening that I needed!! I have tons of pictures that I'll post soon of Tommy enjoying himself. This kid is so hilarious and makes me laugh constantly. It was fun to see him watching the fireworks and running around outside. Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July!!

No comments: